Background Image

Bolter sound.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LucasDominus, Nov 20, 2016.

1. This is not a thread saying the Bolter need more "oomph" or anything. (even though i think it does)

I've been thinking about the Bolter lately and something came to my mind, the rounds are like, self propelled mini rockets rights?

So, after the firing "boom" shouldn't there be some noise coming from the projectiles' "exhaust"?
    Plongo likes this.
  2. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

3. Gyrojet ones are small, Bolts are .75 cal, and while a single one or two in semi auto goes too fast to be noticeable, a bunch of them going full auto should be noticeable.
    Harkus likes this.
  4. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

Gyrojet rounds are 12mm - 13mm, or .49 - .51 cal. An advantage of having almost no recoil means you get bigger rounds.

It would be the other way around. The noise generated by full auto firing would make the individual rocket sounds indistinguishable
  5. A bolt round has more in common with an RPG-7 than a Gyrojet weapon
    LucasDominus likes this.
  6. Exactly, you wouldn't listen to a single projectile, but the hissing sound of many of them going simultaneously.
  7. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

If you can't hear the hissing of a single bolt round then firing them fully automatic will make no difference as to whether you can hear them or not. The sound of an individual bolt's rocket engine does not accumulate and grow louder when you fire in fully automatic. And if you can't hear the hissing of a single round at a windy shooting range, then there's no way you can hear it in the din of battle.
  8. Havoc ComradeHavoc Well-Known Member

As well as the rocket propellant, a tiny amount of conventional charge is also utilised. This charge is just strong enough to force the bolt out of the barrel and ignite the bolt's propellant. The rocket-propellant is carefully fused to ignite just after leaving the barrel, alleviating any possibility of pressure build-up. The bolt then accelerates away towards the target under its own power. The standard boltgun ammunition is designed to penetrate the target and then detonate, causing immense damage to the target and leaving little opportunity for survival.
  9. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

I dont think we need any more sounds or visuals right now.The game can hardly deal with what we have allready.
  10. Havoc ComradeHavoc Well-Known Member

The sound bug where you get other player's audio hasn't been completely fixed up to this point.
    Galen likes this.