Background Image

Banshee Solutions

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Rheeva, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Listed from simple (Top) to complex (Bottom)

Yes, 'tis another Banshee-Thread but this time I'm making it for a reason, not out of frustration. Feel free to add your own, I will probably add a few over time.

1 The Buff-Banshee
    -Increase Health by 40
    -Increase Armor by 40
    Concept: Banshees suffer a heavy stat-imbalance compared to other, ground-based assault-classes to very little compensation. Evening out this disadvantage should help make them viable in combat.
    Pro: EZ done, not a lot of work, no chance of potentially OP.
    Con: Bandaid-fix, does not really do the class-concept justice. Will probably not be enough to make her part of the meta.

2 The Better Banshee

-Increase baseline sprinting speed to 130%
    -Make the Retributive Spirit Stone part of the baseline-stats (+20% Lifesteal, +25 Health)(Still keep the original item)
    -Increase clip-capacity of the Shuriken-Pistol to 45 (I know I keep saying this, I can give you the full reasoning again if it helps)
    -Change the stats of the Power-sword to 108/113, 207/178, 140, 100, 20/s
    Concept: Once again, this does not fundamentally change, what the Banshee is- nor does. It is simply supposed to provide a solid, overall performance-boost, however slightly more sophisticated than just EHP.
    Pro: Only stats, nothing gamebreaking nor complex, not too powerful and a decent solution for the class-identity.
    Con: Still wont make anyone but diehard fans play the class, will still lose to a decent Bolter but do better against average players.

3 The Beautiful Banshee
    -Change Wailing Death recharge rate to 14 seconds
    -Add one(1) baseline Stamina
    -Ebon Banshee Emblem: Stamina+1, Running Speed Multiplier+0.1, 200LP
    -Crimson Banshee Emblem: Stamina+1, Stamina Regen Delay:-15%, Running Speed Multiplier+0.1
    -Mod(Shuriken Pistol) Extended Magazine: increase clip-size to 40(+20), 30LP.
    -Fusion Pistol: Decrease cost to 50LP.
    -Plasma Bundle: 100LP
    -Hyper-Amplifier: Increase the melee-damage of allies affected by the howl(including yourself) by 7%, 150LP
    -Mod(Power Sword) Lifesteal: Life Steal: 20%(+10%), 100LP.
    -Retributive Spirit Stone: melee Life Steal+0.3(+10%), Health+25, 350LP
    -Howl Rework: Remove the melee-aimlock from affected targets.
    Concept: Copy-pasted from this concept I published some months ago. All explanations inside.
    Pro: Will make the class more viable and allow for multiple, unique build-variants to play around with.
    Con: Potentially too weak or too strong, too many variables to tell for sure.

4 The Battle Banshee
    -Gains shield or shield-like ability as in the original concept (Shimmer-shields are in the game-stats)
    Concept: Shields give a lot more options to melee-classes, in particular the option to not just blindly attack the enemy to bind them in melee.
    Pro: Would give a lot more tactical freedom and flexibility.
    Con: Not very fitting to the class-concept, also potentially very hard to make, depending on which part of the work has previously been completed.

5 The Brisk Banshee
    -Decrease the aftercast of Quick-attacks
    -Decrease the precast of Heavy-attacks
    -Remove the windup of Debashes
    -After a dodge, gain movement speed of 150/150 for 4 seconds.
    Concept: Purely speed-based, as true to the original concept as possible without mechanical changes
    Pro: Should be fairly powerful without stat-boost.
    Con: Animation changes. Also really annoying to face in duels.
    GrazewoundZeroLow likes this.
  2. Ahahahaha. No.
    Too much melee in the game.
  3. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Eldar really don't run melee, safe for the occasional Scorpion. But even in a team of LSM-larpers stacking Shields as if they wanted to make a Testudo, we are usually still far from the 60/40 proclaimed goal.

Besides that, melee right now is way too easy at its core and not rewarding enough. Its supposed to high-risk/high-reward, not low-risk/low-reward.
    The Banshee is not part of that problem tho, we still can't really spam quick-attacks.
    If you'd direct your attention to the second concept, which is the most realistic, you will see that I am specifically increasing the Force of Heavy Attacks, to prevent last-second clanging, but not touching quick-attacks.
    GrazewoundZeroLow likes this.
  4. Ahahahaha. No.
    Noone needs elder.
  5. Said: No one. Ever.

Lol!
  6. Krayt Krayt Preacher

and another one
  7. That's enough out of you Candy Crush.
  8. Krayt Krayt Preacher

wamuuuuuu
    [​IMG]
    Xi0 likes this.
  9. Is that like the DA version of HUNK?
  10. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Hunk/custodes/Jojo'sPillarMen/Fabulouuuuuuus