Background Image

AV duty

Discussion in 'New Player Tips & Training' started by KroozaNob, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Krooza Nob Bozz KroozaNob Well-Known Member

If you see an important point that you are defending being heavily harassed, with the enemy slowly but surely getting closer to the point, you should consider switching to an AV weapon.

Here is the list of weapons, from less to most effective, to deal with enemy vehicles:
    -heavy weapons
    -plasma weapons
    -power weapons (power sword, power axe, power maul)
    -krakk grenade
    -grav weapons
    -tank main gun
    -tank sponson weapons
    -lascannon
    -melta
    -multimelta
    -melta bomb
    -power fist

I am pointing out this because the reason most lsm loose is because they completely ignore this concept and the entire match is lost solely on that.

Besides, don't this duty is important only in defense; even when attacking your priority should always be to grab an anti vehicle loadout. Why you ask? Because a competent enemy team will pull out asap tanks and transport manned by tank hunter to costantly chase and eliminate your forward base.

If you take out their mobility, their tank hunt duty becomes much more difficult and your rhyno is more safer.
    Don't focus only on the action, take in mind the importance this role has for the outcome of the entire match and NEVER, NEVER, NEVER assume someone else will take care of the enemy vehicles. Better safe than sorry and deal with it yourself.

P.S. lascannon devastators are terrible at 1v1 vs any opponent, you should always consider going alongside them, they will be thankful for that.

P.P.S. here is a list of weapons that DON'T damage enemy vehicles:

-frag grenades
    -knives
    -standard rifle
    -pistols
    -chainswords
    -pintle mounted stormbolter
    -your face
  2. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Everything is wrong, lascanon less effective than powerfist?
  3. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

If you're going to list all weapons that damage vehicles and talk about LSM... grav
  4. Lascannon is the best AV aside from Fire Dragon melta bundle.
  5. Krooza Nob Bozz KroozaNob Well-Known Member

I put lascannon in that order because, personally, it's more of a team play weapon.

If you are found by the enemy by yourself 99% of the times you're screwed, but if there is a teammate helping you are having higher chances to survive and do your damage.

Also, on a side note, the main reason I created this thread is because I got frustrated exactly for that weapon. Lost 2 matches in a row on Blackbolt because I was the only AV player and my only AV loadout available was a lascannon.
  6. Krayt Krayt Preacher

lascanon is the best AV weapon (for non eldar), plain and simple , we are not talking about AI effectiveness but AV , idc if ur screwed when facing someone with the las , it has a 1.5 ttk on the mc version (never use the basic pls) its same ttk as most weapons on bodyshots , take into account the adad and its pretty decent at distance , in melee ur like any non plasma canon devastator : dead

-heavy weapons <----- ?????? whats that

From shit to best:
    -power weapons (power sword, power axe, power maul) (why would you use that????)
    -plasma weapons (AI weapon)
    -tank sponson weapons / heavybolter (AI weapons)
    -power fist/Klaw
    -grav weapons ( seriously , some people use that ?)
    -tank main gun (unless eldar because then same rank as sponson weapons)
    -melta
    -multimelta
    -lascannon (because range since you are vulnerable in melee)

separate ranking:
    -frag nade
    -krakk grenade
    -melta bomb

tweeked it for you with more quotations
  7. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

A good Lascannon that keeps getting in the right spots can easily be as annoying as a mediocre Dragon.
    However, they aren't very useful if deployed in the front-line, alongside everybody else, they are too easy to hide from and usually die first.