Background Image

And Now the Sunset

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kilrane, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Kilrane Kilrane Moderator

See you space cowboys.
    Thana likes this.
  2. Leroy Twizzlers DemonKingBAAL Steam Early Access

wondered when this was finally gonna happen, took a lot longer than i expected
  3. DJPenguin DJPenguin Cardinal

The closure of EC hits me a lot differently than most folk here. Not only did this game give me a fun dev team and community to interact and play with but so many people here gave me a platform to kickstart my Twitch channel and for that I'm eternally grateful (pun intended). I don't know where I'd be at today without everyone's support.

There is one thing I'd like to drop here. Having been in the dev's focus group from mid 2014 to roughly a year after launch I've seen a lot of things first hand that the community largely got wrong when it comes to why and how the game went in the direction it did, the blame game etc. I certainly can't remember every little detail nor do i feel like re-reading literally thousands of pages of posts from said focus group discussion but what I can confidently tell everyone is that Nathan got a lot of undeserved heat. Being one of the few people outside the dev team who spoke privately with him (concerning many different topics) I was privy to some things that most weren't. I doubt anyone in the focus group (who i won't name) would care at this point that I'm even confirming such a thing existed but I did feel the need to put this out there. He and the devs worked hard to deliver what they could. Those of us hand picked from the community worked hard to engage with the devs and bring forth the community's feedback. I think there'd be a drastically different tune if everyone could see what truly happened.
  4. Damn. Been here since 2013. Whopping 8 years. The world has changed but this game - barely. A shut down was only a matter of time - surprised it dragged on for this long. Shame they didn't do a No Man's Sky and revive the game. A lesson to us all I guess. I enjoyed these forums more than the game itself unfortunately. Rest in peace to all of those specific memories. In the meantime - I hope all of us will in the future truly get this game. Something envisioned a decade ago. See you all in the next big launch of such a thing - and let's hope it will be driven by a true and tested dev team this time. Adios, fellow men, fungi, sparkles and punkheads. I will see you all on a different battlefield.
  5. Sage Sage Nickname Change

Good riddance.
    Korel likes this.
  6. Thana Thana Curator

7. It had a run.
    Although it was really just stumbling, rolling and crawling rather than running.

Thank the Emperor the end is finally in sight.

PS: large open maps when?
  8. Kilrane Kilrane Moderator

Right after the planned expansion pack.
    PrincessSkyheart likes this.
  9. Kilrane Kilrane Moderator

Ya did good by EC, DJ.
  10. Nobelissimos Richtofen Active Member