Background Image

An Interesting Idea for an Ork Weapon

Discussion in 'Orks' started by TheMadnesss, Apr 17, 2017.

1. MEGANOB MADNESS TheMadnesss Arkhona Vanguard

so earlier today in the Eternal Crusade Discord, i was talking to a user within it, with a Loyalist marine to be exact, and we agree on some rather crazy ideas.
    SQUIIIIIGS!

now yes i know squigs have been talked about in here some couple times but one squig was something i don't think i've seen talking about here before, and all i got at the time was three of them (i think).
    The first two where basically Bomb squigs, but they function differently, both possibly doing the same job but with different success and results. one was a Bomb Squig you could place and control like a small RC car that would detonate on your demand, but had less blast and damage then the second of the two, which would be places down, run in a straight line from where you where looking, and blow up with the first enemy object it encounters, having a timer possibly strapped to it's back for running to long but having more blast and damage. Obviously they could both have set-up times to prevent people from just dropping them in a fist fight, which is what the third one is all about.

The third Squig we talked about was something that would be attached to the ork player themselves, an Attack Squig. It'd be only for Sluggas, and deal low damage, but it would do damage either something like, attack the nearest enemy every X seconds while in melee, or if you miss a melee swing it has an X% chance to attack for your missed melee swing. We agreed that a good balance factor would be that it did low damage (maybe something like knife tier) and also increased the Bleed-Out Rate when you were dropped to zero health.

what do you guys think? what other squigs would you like to see added for us orks? would you like to see squigs given to specific ork classes like how i thought the Attack Squig could be for Slugga Boy?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that they all could have an actual health bar, so it can be taken down and out, but they're tough enough to survive most times when you, for example run into a room and taking shots from a long ranged shooter.
  2. Geisto Geisto Cardinal

muh bolter
    Im_a_Turtle and Silfarion like this.
  3. Threule Threule1994 Firebrand

Weeb jus' need da looted 'umie bolta
    thantrus likes this.
  4. We shud get da mek boyz to maek a shoota... dat shoots moar ammo....

Think abou' it boyz... We wud neva run out of dakka eva agen!

Imagin ur shootin' sum gits, un u run out ov ammo. Now, u coud sey, "doesnt matta, jus' punch tha gits" but imagin if u have sym noice loot with ya... u wud have to leave it bahind for any ol' grot to steel whilst u chase em wid ur fists... But wiv dis gun... u cud just shoot som moar ammo for yurself...

U point it at da growd, shoot, and magick! Ammo iz now there fore u to shoot sum moar! U put da bullet bak in da shoota, and u now got moar ammo! Even beta, iff one ov da boyz runs outta ammo (lyk dem zoggin' Lootas), u jus' shoot 'im wiv da ammo shoota! Now he got ammo!

U know wot... IM SO SMART I MAEK MISELF SIKK!
  5. Eavydakka Khaernakov Subordinate

I think these squig bombs would be very cool, but something tells me it would be better if only kommandos could use them
    thantrus likes this.
  6. Spookums MasterSpookums Well-Known Member

I'd still like my Pie throwing Kannon. Kaptin Planet's pies are down right deadly. Fer uver speshes! How hard would lingering pie mines be to code, that healed orks a little that walked in to them? instead of dealt damage which it'd do to other factions. (With only one being down at a time to avoid the inevitable exploit if more than one could be on the ground.)
    thantrus likes this.
  7. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

I myself like the idea of a Bomb Squig, but I'd have it be more chaotic than your current idea. My take on the Bomb Squig is kinda like a homing Supa-Stikkbomb, except that if another vehicle of any faction passes in front of it, it switches to chasing that vehicle instead. More Lore friendly in my opinion, and definitely more fun! Which would actually be pretty funny to watch in a vehicle map, where the Squig keeps finding new vehicles to chase but never catches them lol.
    Khaernakov and thantrus like this.
  8. Big McLargehuge thantrus First Blood!

Cue Yakkity Sax and sped up footage of squig herds chasing Rhinos back and forth!
    Kaptin_Pokkets likes this.
  9. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

I would pay money to see that happen in-game.
    thantrus likes this.
  10. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Squig on a stick.