Background Image

An easy to use, polished, loadout builder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The-Forge-Dragon, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

So this idea has been coming and going for a while, even having led to some interesting discoveries of abandoned projects. I'd like to revisit it again and see if anyone here knows how to help make it happen.

Back in the day I used to use a website to create builds of mass effect 3 multiplayer loadouts. It's something I've wanted and, apart from the excel calculator, haven't been able to find for EC.

http://kalence.weebly.com/me3-builder.html#1!!!!

That is one of the two sites I used to use.

The closes thing I found to it for EC was this, discontinued, by a member of the forums called Destabilizator.

http://wh40k.thunder.works/

So I wanted to make a post asking if anyone knows how to put together a page like those, because I don't even know where to start.
    CuCulainn likes this.
  2. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Technically, this isn't supposed to be very hard. I'm pretty sure with the right toolkit, basic understanding of computers and a few, free hours, everyone could piece something together.
    The main barrier I see is paying for upkeep.

However, even if we say the monetary costs and the time-investment aren't an issue, I am still not sure if there is really a need for a build-calculator at all.
    We have everything in-game. All items are fairly easy to acquire, can be previewed, the math is very basic and very predictable, there are no irreversible or exclusive choices and very few choices in general.

The cheapest way would probably really be Excel/VBA, completely ignore web-dev and just let people download your sheet.

Edit: Made a quick proof-of-concept. So far I haven't even needed macros.
    2018-02-10 08_37_29-Start.png
  3. DavyBoy CuCulainn Curator

thats a pretty cool tool :).

Unfortunately i don't know how to, but from my understanding it would not be too hard to learn this yourself in order to create something.