Background Image

A toast in EC's memory, what it was and what it could've been.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LucasDominus, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Hi,

I see some old faces still around here and I don't know if you remember me from back when I was still a active member more than 3 years ago but I sure remember the 4 of you, you know who you are. hehehe

Anyway, EC was probably the last game I got so excited and involved with in those years of absence and today I got so bored I decided to come back here for shits and giggles and see how you guys and the game been doing, you people sure endured a lot longer than I expected I'll give you that.

So, how you people and the game been doing? Is it still possible to find matches or I shouldn't even bother downloading it again? Did the Workshop deal ever happened? maybe I can still get some entertainment out of EC who knows?
  2. Leroy Twizzlers DemonKingBAAL Steam Early Access

pretty dead. matches exist but only like 2 at a time, maybe 3? idk i only came back for a couple hours with 9 other blop boys for memes. i don't think there's anyone working on this game anymore as far as i can see so workshop was just another empty thing like everything else.
    Squiggot likes this.
  3. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Funny thing is they had to upgrade to ure4 for that bloody workshop.
    Wich caused allot of people like me to drop about 100 fps.
    So we quit playing..
  4. Damn, is EC that old? I thought it was made in UE4 from the start, that is, after they ported it from Unity...
  5. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

BE launched the founder program for Eternal Crusade on June 25, 2014.
    Released the closed Alpha on September 14, 2015
    I joined somewhere in 2016 and not to long after I bought my self into the game they did the engine swap.
    And basically on their live stream at the time that Nathan fellow proclaimed that the engine swap would leave some people with" older" hardware behind as casualties of progress.
    Progress that never came btw..

My reaction was basically: Are you fucking kidding me I just bought this game and my pc is barely 4 years old.(at the time, its a older now ofc, and its getting replaced in the next few months.. probably right before they pull the plug permanently lol)

So yeah someone somewhere at BE thought the best thing to do when your game is kinda dying is to cut off a bunch of your current player base by not optimizing properly for all current hardware thats in use at the time and more or less say "fuck these people" as long as we can now add cosmetic items easier to sell to who evers left.

Oh btw I personally dont think Nathan had much to do with such dissensions , he was just hired to hype us and act as their scapegoat if you ask me.

Also I cant seem to find the channel on twitch with the old live streams... did they delete it or something lol?
  6. Funny, I could've sworn the engine swap from Unity to Unreal waaay before we both joined was the only one, seems kinda strange they would migrate to Unreal 3 when Unreal 4 was released all the way back in 2014...
  7. Or maybe they updated the version of Unreal 4?
  8. Leroy Twizzlers DemonKingBAAL Steam Early Access

wonder how nathan's doing at jagex these days lol, probably better due to the lack of resources this game got ever since the first day i started. between UE4 "updates", the promised workshop and all the other crap, the suits fucked this game quite hard.
  9. Welcome to the graveyard of Dreams.
    Basically it's the Dreg-Heap from DarkSouls3 right here.
    Empty Shells whining about what could have been, vicious abominations still preaching of gameplay and the faint memory of a dream, while sitting in the ashes of reality that fill your shoes.

Enjoy your stay though
  10. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

This calls for a song!

[​IMG]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsKZpLL41EQ

Could have been some swap they did before my time here . I would not know, I wasnt here ofc..
    All tho I do remember someone once mentioning they had to port the assets from Dark Millennium online into something they could work with in order to build Eternal Crusade..
    Dastus likes this.