Background Image

A secret map... Within a map!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Data8671, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Has anyone else wondered what's in all that empty space on Promethium Mine? Well I went to explore... (more screenshots as replies)

Hopefully jbregg has plans for this amazing looking section of unused map. pm hidden map 1.jpg pm hidden map 2.jpg
    CuCulainn and Njord-Halfhand like this.
  2. pm hidden map 5.jpg pm hidden map 6.jpg
    This one has potential as a sniping point to A currently
  3. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Promethium mine is an ancient map that got cut to make a smaller one , they will never use the outside
    sorry to break your dreams , its not a secret
    Elector, LOBOTRONUS and Firskon like this.
  4. Is it? Hmmmm... Wonder if Jbregg can use the other parts at some point...
  5. Krayt Krayt Preacher

there is really little things outside , we taught of making a fortress inside the mountain , but its just a dream atm
  6. A dream, but a dream with physical foundations!
    Njord-Halfhand likes this.
  7. There is a lot of unused or underappreciated real estate on many of the larger maps. I see that real estate that's going to waste as untapped potential waiting to be put to good use.

On maps like Medusa and Torias BHVR could easily add another 2 objectives and then implement a Conquest game mode for these maps with 5 objectives where all objectives start as neutral with both factions attacking. I cannot comprehend why/how BHVR is so stuck on attacker/defender only modes of objective based game play.

As far as concepts I wonder what ever happened to the concept shown in the screenshot of the map below. This was the original map for the first fortress from back during early Alpha. It appears that over to the far right side of the map that another installation was going to be placed near the fortress shown on the far left. One would assume this was back when the concept of attacking "cross country" from one base to the next was still in play.

The black outlined sections and blue objectives were my suggestions as far as implementing more "believable" and realistic types of strategic battlefield objectives rather than simply fighting over meaningless spawn points as we do in every match mode to this date. As you can see the first sets of strategic objectives are properly placed at the initial breach points, with multiple secondary objectives available throughout the entire map.
    [​IMG]
  8. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

from my understanding, there is already alot of what your talking about hidden already in the game. The systems are bugged and/or cause to much load on the server, that it ruins the gameplay. So its all turned off. I heard this from 2 different Devs so take it for what you will.

Things like doors, and Consoles, and Elevators that you use. 2ndary Objectives that cause other events to happen on the map. The one that was talked about most was Blackbolt and that it was meant to be a staged set of events to take the fort, but it was barebones for the current limitations.
  9. Ya know, Blackbolt is almost a fortress map already...