Background Image

Your Favourite Eldar Weapon

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Joram, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Thats depressing
  2. FabricatorGeneral Unbihexium Forum Beta Tester

Gimme the good ol' D-Cannon.
  3. I would rather be a Guardian(chainsabre and shuriken catapult), or a Shadow Spectre(prism rifle and mirror sword)...
  4. Arvina Arvina Subordinate

Micro-needles first, the follow up laser shot turns the needles into plasma to burn holes in the enemy.
    Daemoneyes likes this.
  5. thereter thereter Subordinate

Prism cannon. Loved that thing in Dark Crusade.
  6. Luciasar Luciasar Well-Known Member

I want to believe you, I do, but doesn't the text say the needles "conduct" the laser? Which of course is Wardian levels of stupidity, but then again this is a game fluff where one of the tyranid weapon payloads dissolves so rapidly that it causes an implosion shockwave...
  7. Arvina Arvina Subordinate

Well. I don't see a problem with the 'conduct' part.

To make plasma from needles you have to deliver heat in some manner, conduction from a laser is a thing even if you have to ask, well if the laser is strong enough to turn a needle into plasma, then why not just fire the laser at the target directly and melt his armour or something.

The logical theorycraft would be that the needle is not just a simple metal needle and that some part of it when triggered by a laser causes a huge exothermic reaction.
    So'Kiel likes this.
  8. Carmine Exzelenz Cipher

And Mandiblasters are not for killing directly, they basically do a short stun, allowing the Striking Scorpion to use that little opening in defense to strike a killing blow. Except for ones that Karandras has, it is written that his Mandiblasters are capable of dealing actual damage.
  9. Luciasar Luciasar Well-Known Member

It seemed implied to me, as an engineer, that the conduction would be in the electrical sense. Metal needles "conducting" a laser, assumed by a scientifically illiterate author to be some kind of electrical arc. But yours is a much better explanation.

EDIT: and also, a pretty neat idea by itself. Using a laser to trigger an exothermic payload, without a detonator mechanism. They should hire you to do fluff!
  10. Droguza Droguza Active Member

I already see the future thread " How to effectively face-gun stun-lock ".