Background Image

Your Favourite Eldar Weapon

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Joram, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Smaug Smaug Well-Known Member

Glad to be of service. I wasn't kidding though, those projectiles do look like snowflakes.
  2. Kuniku Kuniku Subordinate

I'm going to go the dark route and say the Dark Eldar's Agoniser... that and some of the Haemonculus weapons of torture and glory...
  3. Quothe Quothe Subordinate

Ah I was going by the lexicanum entry:
    http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Darklight_Dark_Lance#Dark_Lance

Which agrees with the Warhammer wiki entry:
    http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Lance

Both of these are very reliable when it comes to all things warhammer and both state that.
    "Darklight Weapons are crafted in the weapon shops of Commorragh that are infamous for their ability to cheat the natural laws of physics in order to design ever more efficient ways to kill. Blasters, Blast Pistols and Dark Lances epitomise this, for they do not employ standard laser technology but instead fire a stream of what is, for want of a better term, "darklight." The origin of this substance is unknown, although some amongst the savants of Commorragh claim that it is a form of dark matter that has been recovered from the event horizons of black holes, Warp Storms, and other celestial phenomena of great magnitude."

Every other source I have found also agrees with this, such as the following:
    http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/dark-eldar-darklight-51-area-51.html

By contrast everything I've found referring to the black suns, 'Llmaea', or stolen suns says that they are dying suns used for light and power in Commorragh - but make no mention of their being the source of darklight.

I'm not saying you are wrong as I've not read the Dark Eldar codex, but maybe you could find some source on the interwebs to back your version up because at the moment it very much looks like every online resource disagrees with you.

On the other hand there are the Disintegrator weapons such as the-
    "Disintegrator Cannon - Utilising tiny quantities of plasma stolen from enslaved suns,"

Maybe you are getting confused between the two?
  4. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

Indeed, I have!
    The dissies are a bit rarer than darklight weapons (only on raiders/ravagers) but at least some solar power there.
    But that is only about weaponry, I presume (from what I have read in the codex) that a very large amount of the Dark City is powered by the stolen suns.

From codex page 9:
    "Far above the glinting metallic peaks of Commorragh are the llmaea, or 'black suns', dying stars ablaze with poisoned light that were harnessed at the height of the eldar empire. Though held in sub-realms of their own, these celestial phenomena provide a near-endless supply of energy to the Dark City."

Sounds like solar power to me.
  5. Quothe Quothe Subordinate

Solar power from these suns fuels Commorragh and provides the plasma for Disintegrators, but this has nothing to do with darklight ... That's something very different.
    Rickmar likes this.
  6. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

I know, thats why I said that I confused those two.
    EDIT: Meaning the "Indeed, I have!"
    But the original joke was about solar power (but not only on disintregators), not darklight.
  7. IdranelLives IdranelLives Well-Known Member

In a distant future both grim and dark someone has to be fabulous. *snaps fingers twice*
  8. Quothe Quothe Subordinate

Sorry if you only meant to refer to Commorragh's source of power, but you absolutely did equate that to darklight when you said "Dark Eldar use solar power (darklight)." and in a thread on Eldar weapons no less.

I mean seriously what else was I to think!?

But hey we all make mistakes. ;)
    Mngwa likes this.
  9. Melenar Mel Subordinate

Ranged.........Death Jester Shrieker Cannon.
    Melee ...........Death Jester Shrieker Cannon.

death jester.png bonus points for kickassery
    Bishop520 and Warlord683 like this.
  10. Warlord683 Active Member

Shuriken Shrieker Cannon.
    Because the only noise that can be heard over the shriek of the gun is the mocking laughter of the Death Jester as he eviscerates his foe.

And the Triskelee. Because its a power weapon and a Death Disk of throwing super awesome.
    So'Kiel and IdranelLives like this.