Background Image

Your Choice For 5th Astartes Chapter, Better Choices.

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Soviatus, Oct 31, 2013.

?

Which chapter would you like to see added?

1. Grey Knights, duh.

24.0%
  2. Flesh Tearers

4.6%
  3. Howling Griffins

2.6%
  4. Iron Snakes

3.3%
  5. Salamanders

51.3%
  6. Crimson Fists

14.3%
  1. Considering that the psykers in the ranks of the Astartes is even more rare than in the Imperium in general, it seems like more heresy that they would ever have had 6000 Grey Knights to begin with. Their weapons and armor are some of the most expensive and rare things produced by the Imperium and to be able to arm even more than a single Chapter of Space Marines in terms of numbers seems ridiculous. That part of retconning i don't mind, it was all the other Matt Ward-isms that bothered me. Such as a guy who is so "good" he walks around carrying a Daemon Blade, even thought to even touch such items is considered heretical among loyalists.....That is truly what makes Matt Ward fluff so sad. lol
    Abenobashi likes this.
  2. Inquisitor Soviatus Soviatus Arkhona Vanguard

Whut? 6,000 is miniscule compared to the trillions within the Imperium. Not all psychically attuned astartes are at the level of librarian either. Your lightness of Wardian heresy sickens me.
    Corm likes this.
  3. yes miniscule, except that you are forgetting the list of people actually physically able to become space marines is literally only handfuls at a time. Of those, an even smaller amount are psykers. I know plenty about Wards poor fluff - (what he did to Necrons was far worse IMO), all i was saying is that changing GK to being roughly 1,000 makes more sense than them being a huge force. They are supposed to be the Elite of the Elite, it doesn't make sense for them to outnumber the majority of space marine chapters if that's the case.
  4. Seth Seth Arkhona Vanguard

Matt ward is one hell of a heretic. To the warp with him and his fan fiction.
    Abenobashi, VoxC and Corm like this.
  5. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

You forgot the baby carrier...erm... Dread knight, which has the pilot totally exposed at the front. Because an armored cocpit would have been too sensible an idea.
  6. Mildly miffed the Raven Guard were not included in the OP poll.
    Abenobashi likes this.
  7. Inquisitor Soviatus Soviatus Arkhona Vanguard

I forget nothing. I am the Inquisition.
    The-Unbound-Flame likes this.
  8. I'm not really sure how you can have a game called Eternal Crusade and not include the Black Templars, so they would be my vote.
    Octavius, Yodama and Abenobashi like this.
  9. Fenris Fenris Cipher

Wow, just voted Salamander and saw how many people agree.

I am personally a little biased thou because I feel like amongst all the chapters, Salamanders have the most in common with the Space Wolves from the perspective of ideals. At least the last time I looked into them they did, so feel free to let me know if they no longer look to protect humans as a priority.
  10. Stormlords. Because they're a blank slate. The ET team can write whatever fluff they want about them and "create" them the way DoW created blood ravens.