Background Image

You think Raptor is dead ?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Fiendly, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Ultima75000 Ultima75000 First Blood!

Raptor isn't dead but it is more difficult to play on a regular basis unless your dedicated too it. Save for fortress maps, your role can be circumvented by simply footslogging the long way around gunlines with the other classes. Good players still can do decently well but in most cases they usually just break even, but those who are not experienced with the jetpack can be easily frustrated when the only reward they seem to get from using a jetpack is being shot down faster than usual.
  2. Deathwish Deathwish Subordinate

Some people love fort maps, some people hate them. Since Lag is universally hated by all, excluding fort maps is what happens.
  3. hai EpicHiLuss Steam Early Access

Mr.OP
    S1a5h
    Fiendly likes this.
  4. Roopevil roopevil Arkhona Vanguard

I run MoK , 3 fuel cells , necrotic chainsword and cursed raptor armour... I wreck people .. raptor isn't dead... We just started showing them how is it done
  5. Antheus Fiendly Confessor

Nowadays I run necrotic MoK +2 fuels with plasma pistol, works like a charm !
    SniffSteven and roopevil like this.
  6. Chewdakka Regz First Blood!

I think its a nice frag video but it doesnt prove any point about how good or bad the class is. It just shows some frags.

It could have taken you days and days to get all of those and had countless deaths in between. It is entertainment for sure and good fun to watch but does it critically evaluate the strengths/weaknesses of the class like the thread title lead me to believe.... honestly, no not so much.

Id be more inclined to watch a recording of your entire game through one match in order to critically evaluate said play as opposed to some cherry picked highlights gathered over probably several hours or days of play.
  7. Antheus Fiendly Confessor

The video is composed of footage from 4 matches all done in the same night, but I have no way to prove that so it's up to you you trust me or not on this :)

At the end of the post I'll put some raw Raptor footage so you can make your own mind but these ones were pre-patch 1.3 so maybe in some of the situations you can watch in these I might have not make it but this also means the slam attack recovery time tweak wasn't live yet, but mostly, I do think these videos are still fairly revelant of the way I play a JP as of today. I'm too lazy to do math right now but let's say roughly when you see my health bar below 33% in current patch I should be dead, and you'll see mostly, either I'm not getting hit, either I'm dead, there's no "middle" ahahah. If I'm very wrong in my approximation of 33% for health anyone can feel free to let me know.

But if you are interested in more raw JP gameplay I sure can upload some more and tag you once it's live ;)

Also you shouldn't have taken my topic title so serious, I really just did this video in an attempt to show that in the end, at least to me, nothing major changed with the class as of last patch, sure sometimes it's annoying to die a bit faster, but mostly JP classes are still the same, again, at least to me.

8. Catnium Catnium Active Member

I watched the video..
    I think raptor is death..

( see what i did there?)
  9. Antheus Fiendly Confessor

Yes, DISRESPECT MY OPINIONS !

1000 years dungeon for you
  10. TGM Jencent Cardinal

Dragons are attached?