Background Image

You think Raptor is dead ?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Fiendly, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Nyhilist Nyhilist Active Member

It's not a plague chainsword. The description says it was left in the warp for ages rusting over and being possessed by spirits. Rust = Poison logic.......
  2. Wiggles Wiggles Menial

Still works out, your infecting them with a bad case of Tetanus :CSMIron:
  3. Nyhilist Nyhilist Active Member

The 41st millennia is so brutal even rust can kill a SM!!!
  4. The Entombed Thraxus First Blood!

Its viable if your ok with 1 kill every 5 deaths and are ok with getting between 4 to 15 kills a match while Ranged rake in absurd amount of kills between 30 to 60 without literally having to lift a finger, just hold down that LMB and your good. lol

The extra poison damage CSM *eventually* get from the 30k reward box makes this weapon better than anything else in game as its fast, does lots of damage with added creeping poison dps (except the poison chain sword Eldar's scorpion but both are a must have). This weapon is a game changer and makes Raptor the only viable air assault Melee class.
    SniffSteven likes this.
  5. Antheus Fiendly Confessor

I'll release a LSM JP video soon with Power Sword, so no more DoT in this one !

Also I think Orkz have a similar weapon - I mean applying a DoT - being the "Burning Choppa" or something like this.
  6. Dharchaon81 Dharchaon81 Active Member

Hey mate,
    got your point and yes, it is a pitiful job sometimes or on some maps, depending on the mood of your team.
    I just tried to describe one possible window for the CSM Raptor.
    Sure this one seems to be in a better spot compared to others in case of the poisened chainsword.

My alternate build with MoN and Powersword (Raptor) seems too slow for the actuel speed of the game.

I just wanted to point out finally founding a way back to the feeling of my prefered class.
    Sure, it felt like playing month ago in some of the Alpha-builds. And we had them all.
    Range OP, Melee OP, this OP, that OP, meh meh meh.

I am tired like everyone else of complaining and so on.
    I found this video interesting enough and been happy about staying here in CSM sup-forum.
    And not out there in the salty-gerneral-discussion threads.

All support classes suffer these days and only your emprahhh might know what the next steps inside BE should be. Hope for some steps at all^^
    Sidenote, atm, EC sometimes feels like playing "SpaceMarine" back in 2012, especially the melee-part.
    Make up your minds, if its a good or not o_O
    SniffSteven likes this.
  7. Deathwish Deathwish Subordinate

Can I chime in here as the hipster and say that I've been using NCS before it was cool to use NCS?
    SniffSteven likes this.
  8. Cydonia Cydonia Active Member

Tried it out after getting the sword, I'll probably stick to ground assault though. It's not the build that's so-so to me, it's that it's not easy to play with horrible ping lol.
  9. Valerious1988 Recruit

Thanks for the video! It really helped me improve my game. Now if only they could improve latency for us outside of EU/NA.
  10. pinky EternalPink First Blood!

Raptor still has its place I've found you still need them on fortress maps (wtf's happened with fortress maps as they are pretty rare these days - lucky if I get one a night) to disrupt the havoc lines that form
    Brujah likes this.