Background Image

You think Raptor is dead ?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Fiendly, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Dharchaon81 Dharchaon81 First Blood!

Also liked your video and it shows raptors as a still viable class.
    As you pointed out, this shows just the nice and quick kills.
    I own the same chainsword, but did not connect it with the 4 fuel cells yet, later on I will give it a try.
    The skill ceiling on raptors is now much more higher than before and it might be very difficult for a new one to try.
    Dont forget veterans of EC know the maps, the strategies and the dark corners or high-grounds to hide.

Yesterday evening, with the start of the campaign, some good feelings coming back to my playstyle.
    Won matches with the team, even though I just got 4-5 kills on my raptor against 20+ death-shots, even TK^^

But the positive effect was, I tried soem other classes too, depending on the situation.
    But sometimes the round feels so fast paced, that you often reach your point of interest with the wrong load-out.

I lean on the Devs announcement of bringing several patches in each of the next 3-4 weeks, to round this up.
    The game itself runs on best performance since release or even EA-phase and thats pretty amazing.

I apologize for spamming the forums with some whine-posts in the last couple of days, but I hardly felt to express my experiences with the crowd.
    Like in the past, there are several different issues which come together in some cases and show some weaknesses of the system at all.

I prefer for the future some tweaking on the maps, regarding theclass-changes.
    And I hope for little tweaking here and there.
    All in all the 1.3 build is not that bad like it felt in the first 24 hours, but some points has to be addressed.

Cheers.
  2. Ultima75000 Ultima75000 First Blood!

I only use the PFist with a Raptor as I do not have the poison chainsword and I rarely kill someone unless they're alone otherwise I've either died on landing, died mid-swing or died in mid-air. I've literally had more success jumping behind someone and then just going semi-auto with a bolt/plasma pistol at the back of the skull.

I've moved from Ground Assault and Melee Sorcerer to Autocannon Havoc as this patch has been hell for melee and extremely unrewarding for those who were good at it. Hell you can get the Crusader award with about 6-8 kills on the average game and that's pretty pathetic.
  3. Rathael Rathael Arkhona Vanguard

I would tend to disagree that this proves any lack of a problem with JPA, although your play is very good. I'd say I am just about on par mechanically with you when I'm at my best, but your decision-making is probably a bit more sound and experienced than mine. I tend to find myself in the thick of groups of enemies too often.

What I would comment is that pretty much all the shown engagements, you are not the primary focus of gunfire from more than one target. If any of these lone targets had a single friend aiming at you nearby, you would not have the time to charge up those strong attacks 9 times out of 10. This is probably partly down to good decision-making and experience on your part, but also because these moments have been cherry-picked for the video.

Either way, nice video :D Nice to see a raptor player still lurking while there are so few.
    Fiendly likes this.
  4. Antheus Fiendly Confessor

If I can have a word about this don't take in a Power Fist if you plan to play mainly against infantry, not only it's very slow and you're giving people much time to shoot you, but any experienced player in melee will kill you 100% unless you're pulling off some mad tricks.

@Rathael Raptor will never die !
  5. Ultima75000 Ultima75000 First Blood!

I only use it mainly to wreck vehicles now. Fighting infantry has become too difficult for me to bother now with the JPAs and so I usually suicide-nade myself into gunfights instead.
  6. [​IMG]

Look here nubs how to play raptor. Tired of the saltiest ones who barking "jpa is dead", "i cant kill someona s jpa im so weak"
    Fiendly likes this.
  7. SniffSteven SniffSteven Steam Early Access

Cool vid and SWEET choise of music, good old MM ;) i'm your fan now officially.

What we see here are for the most part ambush murders. Even though i can see you're a pro JPA, i'm sure you'd agree that actual duels with other melee classes dont feel fair anymore. Soooo yeah, JPA aint dead by any means but it sure took a LOT of beating. More than it should have.

And anyone here who thinks Raptors are SUPPOSED to be subtle fragile ambush assassins...learn your fucking fluff or go back to CoD or something, Jesus Christ.
    Fiendly likes this.
  8. Antheus Fiendly Confessor

I think be it against melee or ranged, in this patch one mistake is often getting you killed, where before you had more or less the same "mistakes capacity" as everyone else if you see what I mean.

I totally share your vision of "JPs are not subtle fragile ambush assassins" but that's what we get for now, better try to get the best out of it !
    SniffSteven likes this.
  9. SniffSteven SniffSteven Steam Early Access

Yeah i suppose we might as well roll with what we get...till the next Big P anyways. We'll see how it all goes once the new classes roll in. I just hope its gonna happen soon enough.
  10. Nyhilist Nyhilist Active Member

You just showed me a 5 min video of what not to do against a Chainsword JPA, it's like click bait. 1 hit and everyone auto d bashes lol noobs they better off clanging once to break your attack rytheme then trying to run A or floor nade and run.

Edit: Yes a non smart bolt pistol user!!!
    Fiendly likes this.