Background Image

You think Raptor is dead ?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Fiendly, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Antheus Fiendly Confessor

2. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

Cool, think I'll try 4 fuel nurgle raptor. I take it you sacraficed the Raptor armour for the extra fuel cell and grenade?

I've been going for 3 fuel Slanesh raptor with top tier Raptor armour

Still haven't got that plague sword though, I have the plague combat knife but the chain variety has eluded .
  3. Antheus Fiendly Confessor

It's not Nurgle, 4 fuel Slaasnesh no armour master race !

So yeah, no armour but max mobility capacity and heal item + grenade ! That's the best I could think of for thisd patch so far.
    BruvvaThomas and SniffSteven like this.
  4. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

Really? so you can equip the Plague Chain Sword with Slaanesh mark? cool

I can see why Loyalists are enticed by the powers of Chaos lol. This very patch may be thing that pushes me over. Really want that plague sword though, been wanting it since I got its variant on Eldar.

By the way how do you video capture? any particular program you download for it? Been wanting to do this myself for some time now.

Cheers.
  5. Antheus Fiendly Confessor

I personally use a soft called Dxtory but several other options are available and probably more new user friendly to set up, you can check Shadowplay, OBS, Xsplit just ot name a few. OBS and Xsplit are very good especially if you plan to stream at some point.
  6. Safreadis Safreadis Arkhona Vanguard

This video is very impressive, your Raptor is terrifying.

This patch wasn't so bad, finally, right?
    Faeruin and Fiendly like this.
  7. Antheus Fiendly Confessor

Thanks for you appreciation, I hope it was enjoyable and entertaining to watch !

Concerning the current patch, maybe for experienced players it's not so bad, though trust me, what you see here is the kills, not the deaths, and there are quite some too. But what about the new players or people who never really played JP classes yet ? This is a genuine question really as I think this patch is not helping them in any way going towards this class.
  8. Illuminatus Dominus_Galaxia Arkhona Vanguard

I think the higher skill cap is fitting for JP classes, because they still possess a lot of potential for tearing up a battlefield. But the Tac equivalents are meant to be the backbone of any force.
    Slough_Monster and Nyhilist like this.
  9. Cydonia Cydonia Well-Known Member

I don't have that weapon yet, but when I do I need to try this. Although I'm useless at Raptor lol.
  10. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

On your build I'll usually get be able to kill 1 target and get out. More often than not I'm downed instantly by either the target I'm on as he shoots between swings or I down my target and am instantly downed by a second target before I get out.

We have to be extremely picky about our prey or we're just cannon fodder.

I'm liking the extra fuel cell though. Good in a tight spot.
    Dharchaon81 likes this.