Background Image

You can't balance based on win rating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trooper909, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Necromancer Rivindesh Subordinate

Honestly they should make bundle vet only but increase the damage of the fusion gun. As of right now the fusion gun is a carbon copy of the melta gun. The fusion gun should be better than a melta since its the fire dragons specialty. There is a reason you see them as kamikazee anti tankers rather than used in actual combat. The fusion gun play style is much to slow for Eldar combat. Marines can tank a few shots while the gun warms up, Eldar can't.
  2. DavyBoy CuCulainn Curator

Completely agree as orks, and lsm have even specialized melee fists to take out armor (not sure about csm). Eldar have nothing like this.
    Standard and specilized fists both will stun vehicles temporarily and can also deal melee damage. Eldar again have nothing like this (haywire nades do no damage to combatants).
    Standard and specialized fists can punch vehicles units in to units or destructible areas I.e. into lava, pff a cliff etc. Eldar has nothing like this.
    Plus ork shield bro, LSM tactical and CSM Traitor and Traitor assault can cap. Eldar again have nothing like this as FD can’t cap.
    Lsm, csm and ork jump units can use power fists for both anti vehicle and melee capable tasks. Again Eldar have nothing like this.
    Lastly the csm/lsm/ork power fist whilst slow is massively powerful compared eldar melee weapons. It is a tier 4 melee weapon whilst all eldar melee weapons are a base tier 2 and no higher.
    Lauriia and Konok0 like this.
  3. -WCA-Vola Talron Moderator

That's a very good point. Do Eldar have anything in fluff that is equivalent to it? I wont lie I suck at fluff.
  4. DavyBoy CuCulainn Curator

sorry I don’t understand what you mean by fluff? Please elaborate:)

From my side this purely a discussion on game mechanics with no reference to lore as it’s not relevant to this discussion
  5. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

You mean an equivalent to a power fist? Striking Scorpions get scorpion claws which are basically Ork power claws
  6. -WCA-Vola Talron Moderator

Would they function the same in game? If so that might potentially be the answer.
  7. Anyone that's rolled and trolled a FD + Wave Serpent and destroyed worlds with with an AV loadout an entire match knows how silly OP the dual meltabomb combo has been since the game went live.

Do not try to say it hasn't been extremely easy because I know first hand how comically easy it is to "ram, hop and pop" any enemy vehicle with a Wave Serpant and two meltabombs. I can ram your moving Rhino or Trukk, then "hop and pop" two melta bombs onto your "moving" vehicle in about 3 seconds flat and be back in my Wave Serpent driving off before you explode. As I'm driving off and you're wondering WTF I see the vehicle kill message on screen and laugh my ass off. If you're suggesting that is not an extraordinarily silly OP method of taking out any moving or stationary enemy vehicle(yes even one that's being guarded) you're simply not being truthful. If you're suggesting that it is not infinitely faster and much easier than any other method of killing any vehicle in game, again, you're not being truthful.

Literally it was "G-G" and in the 2.5 second time span it takes to press the G key twice = vehicle kill. That's insanely broken. The effort to reward ratio is so incredibly out of whack that no amount of whining, bickering and diverting attention to other topics can change that fact.

Try as you might to attack and personally insult those of use that have been pointing this out for the last 2 years the fact remains that 2 meltabombs on any class in game is/was/will always be broken OP. Try as you might to say "but look over here", attempting to try and divert attention to other broken aspects of the game, the fact remains that 2 melta bombs on any class in game is/was/will always be broken OP.

Two broken aspects of game play does not make either aspect of game play any less broken. If something's broken, under performing or over performing or just blatantly OP it needs to be fixed ASAP, regardless of the faction. The more broken/OP aspects of game play that get fixed the better for the game as a whole. What's unbelievable is the fact that it's taken 2 years to finally see something change as far as dual meltabomb madness.
    The_Ironcrab likes this.
  8. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

Well in 8th edition it has the same stats as a power claw so I guess so? it's just more like a scissor than a can opener though.

On TT though they were more like super power mauls since Eldar were strength 3 so you could go either way, they could make it a power maul equivalent or a power fist equivalent, not like the devs will add it either way though since it's an Eldar buff.
  9. DavyBoy CuCulainn Curator

Why not make all vehicles double their hp and buff their weapons power and lessen their over heating maybe even increase their speed, agility .... including eldar btw.
  10. DavyBoy CuCulainn Curator

Oh slight change one of my above points, I meant to say: Lastly the csm/lsm/ork power fist whilst slow is massively powerful compared eldar melee weapons. It is a tier 4 melee weapon whilst all eldar melee weapons are a base tier 2 and no higher.

So yeah lsm op so nerf eldar :D