Background Image

You can't balance based on win rating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trooper909, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

Since all threads discussing balance topics are locked I had to start another to illustrate this point.

The current logic for nerfing Eldar is this 75% win rating they have.They probably have this due to the only population they have left is like 1 clan playing 20 games a day in prime time and the faction is dead for pubs.There are many other factors *cough* LSM noobs,LSM noobs moving to Chaos *cough.
    In a populated game it may be possible to balance on a win percentage although its still a dumb,lazy way of balancing imo but in a dead game with just a few hardcore players left? hell no.

Imo nerfing fire dragon is fine but you need to compensate the loss with buffing (fixing is the better word) something else.I think its common knowledge what is useless on Eldar right now so I don't have to get into that.Currently FD is the only thing keeping Eldar in the running since they cannot survive a sustained attack from 2 fully stacked squads spawning from Rhinos.When nobody spawns fire dragons (happens sometimes) Eldar lose fast.Current Eldar defense meta is spawn mostly FD's,kill all vehicles than play to the Eldar strength of ambush tactics with fun stuff like hawks and scorpions (the only classes that work as they should).

Even if Eldar are this massively OP pick this faction and win all games by default behemoths of EC you have to ask..Are they fun? If the answer is no even with 75% win rate than something is majorly wrong with the faction.

Anyway RIP Eldar.
    Durash, Firskon, Konok0 and 2 others like this.
  2. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

@Demetri_Dominov run to the webway, they are onto us!

And no, you don't need to compensate for any nerfs as long as they are across the board nerfs which affect all factions equally.
  3. -WCA-Vola Talron Confessor

But the nerf is across the board... Jbregg tried to tell the Eldar on here that but they all flamed him instead of reading what he said...
  4. Not all of us flamed him, though we did try and come up with solutions that weren't being listened too
  5. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

I know, I've been face palming over that why people went batshit insane even after that was clarified.
    Once you have Fuegans, there isn't really any point to bring dual meltas or meltas at all, 2 bursts and transport down, if its abandoned, it doesn't make any difference.

I'm not concerned about that they do with eldar meltas, I just couldn't care less.
    The issue for me is what other meltas do to skimmers.
  6. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

Is it not a across the board nerf that effects Eldar the worst though? Maybe my post is uninformed.

Most accross the board changes tend to buff humans in an indirect way,that I've seen anyway.Like the melee one that made my Ork able to be one shotted from the front and didn't effect Eldar in anyway shape or form.
    Konok0, Faeruin and Talron like this.
  7. Instant tank kill feels a bit cheap but at the same time if it wasn't for 2 bomb capacity we'd just be weaker versions of other factions versions with a weaker melta bombs and weaker fusion guns so is there any middle ground? I don't know.
    Sceviour likes this.
  8. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

This is an oversimplification and not true. While on paper a nerf across the board would seem to effect all factions equally the impact on games is not.
    To illustrate that point a few blop players stated rightfully that they dont need their transports to be alive to capture points. If you coordinate well enough you drive up to the point, abandon the vehicle and bruteforce into the point with little losses as possible and res casualties. If you are a top level group this works out well. Now most games lack these kinds of coordination so you have a timeframe where usually eldar are slowly pushed back or there is a fierce fight around the point until reinforcements dry off. Since you can spawn even on contested points eldar will often enough prevail once fresh boots on the grounds are lacking because they can keep the pressure up on the point. In a worst case scenario you will extend this timewindow long enough for the shortcomings of the eldar warhost in durability to overshadow their ability to strangle reinforcements.
    For other factions this is not much of an issue since generally CSM or Orks can go toe to toe in slugging matches with LSM.
    So while everything dies equally slow eldar gets impacted far more since their "meta" game is not designed for slugging matches.

Against good teams it still made sense to deploy a few FD because even if you got lucky on a moving rhino you had the tiny timeframe where you were able to score a kill which had a huge impact. If that moving rhino requires the newly suggested time to kill you might as soon as you see someone moving a rhino switch to another class because you are wasting your time as you are never able to profit from those tiny opportunities anymore.
    Konok0, Faeruin and Trashed like this.
  9. -WCA-Vola Talron Confessor

You're good man. All Melta Bombs got nerfed but only Eldar's are currently nerfed on UAT. They are the main focus for sure but all factions did receive a damage reduction. My guess is because of the importance of vehicles they wanted to make them last a little longer and they wanted to help encourage players to use the Krak nades and equivalants more but we all need to try to keep this post on track. If you see someone spiraling out of control maybe take it upon yourselves to try and keep them in line. These forums need to be adult.
  10. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Keep saying that as much as u want but it does not affect all factions equally
    to kill an eldar vehicle u use lascanons not meltabombs

eldar have 2 Av options :
    -reaper launcher ( a low grade lascanon)
    -Fire dragon

LSM/CSM have :
    -Melta/Meltabombs
    -Grav for lsm
    -Multimeltas
    -Lascanons
    -powerfists

-Plasma canons (doesnt really count)

Reaper launcher rework when ?
    Lauriia, Firskon, Sceviour and 2 others like this.