Background Image

Yet another Matchmaking Thread: Needs some smarts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Forj, Aug 30, 2017.

1. KillSlim KillSlim Prefectus

It beats waiting for a game at that stage. Playing a bad game mode is better than not playing at all for some. Same applies to other games, maybe I'm in a group of friends and a shit map appears. I'd rather play with my friends and do poorly for all I care than just quit.

I'd like to see any polling which shows people's opinions on Fortresses.
  2. MEGANOB MADNESS TheMadnesss Arkhona Vanguard

I'd say take out forts until this damn gate thing blows off...no point in fighting on both side when its an obvious win for the defenders and a loss on attackers....fuck sake every time I TRY to run fort I've seen them just blow the gates, abandon A, and turtle the fuck out of B, you wanna see a game thats done this defense shit right tho, with limited spawn and the fact it has even faster killing guns? RED ORCHESTRA VIETNAM! I'm not kidding i played that shit non stop during its free weekend and had so much fun playing both sides, neither felt boring, everyone was happy, the fucking second it ended and i looked at the EC MM...i knew...i had to turn off forts...

WHAT SHOULD BE DONE, is that B spawns are LOCKED until the GATES and A POINT TICKETS are gone, THAT WAY tehre is no way we can see this shit be done every fucking game, that, and remove the gate issue.
  3. Muh Unfun to play eldar. muh Difficult to play orks. better try "fair" games against pugstomping CSM
  4. this is also what i saw when i last logged in. 1 Match going, LSM vs CSM. No Xenos.
    This is bad, and something should be done about it.
    But we know damn well that Bhvr has left EC to die
  5. KillSlim KillSlim Prefectus

"Why don't you play things you don't enjoy?" Are you serious? Has anyone else noticed that a lot of forum users here with Eldar avatars tend to be That Guy?
  6. You misunderstood. Its not unfun for me. its unfun for opponents. kek
  7. Forgrim Forj Battle-Skald

I totally agree, I've never opted out of Fortresses for this reason. I'd rather play than watch the queue, even in a low-pop fortress. But the MM really shouldn't be picking Fortresses in this situation.

It's old data, but was fairly consistent each time, and I'd be surprised if much has changed given how little has changed in-game:

https://arkhonareports.wordpress.com/monthly-reports/december-2016/map-preferences-dec-2016/
    https://arkhonareports.wordpress.com/monthly-reports/march-2017/player-preferences/

In summary, they rate highly on the "Most enjoyed" list, but more people hate them than love them, and are the lowest rated maps overall in terms of enjoyment.
  8. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

What matchmaker? was just in a game with LSM 15 people vs Chaos's 12 so hopped over to chaos to make it abit more fair then waited 2mins to get put into a different game altogether.
    Forj likes this.