Background Image

WTH is Wrong with You Guys?

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by dtj714, Oct 7, 2018.

1. dtj714 Recruit

Seriously. There is one chance and one chance only to keep this game alive at this point - turn it over to the community. I’m speaking of course about the workshop. Where is it? Why hasn’t it been finished/implemented? Whatever else you’re working on, you should stop now and just get this done.

The current state of the game and the limited resources available for continued development aren’t secrets. But until the workshop is released, you are neglecting perhaps the single greatest resource available to you - the community.

40k fans are zealots, and if you give them the opportunity, they will gladly do the bulk of the work for you. The only limits will be whichever ones you apply. New maps? New skins? You will be flooded (and I dare say, probably with stuff that is much better than you could come up with on your own). Why are you wasting resources on stuff like this when there is a virtually limitless pool just waiting out there?

Release the workshop, and watch the game be resurrected. Or stab it through the heart and put an end to this sham of an existence.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  2. what makes you think the devs want this game to stay alive?

iirc nathan said he was put on here so behavior doesn’t lose money and nothing else
    XZASrus and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  3. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Cosmetic's won't save this game.
    XZASrus, Deadknight and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  4. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

dude the game is broken

cosmetics won''t save the game krayt's is right

you need an overhaul

that's mean a battlefield map(BE new maps look like a f**ing playground) , need new animation and devs with brains
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  5. What is wrong with you? It’s all about how it plays, not how it looks
    Catnium and Krayt like this.
  6. The game needed scale. What lost me was the lack of a feeling of war. Sure we had fights, but they don't mean anything. Ground isn't gained or lost. Key locations don't change hands, supply lines can't be cut, and fortress assaults just mean a different game mode.

If there was a way for the community to build the actual world of Arkhona, with continents that have actual locations on them that we can gain and lose control of, or at least had a better illusion of changing hands, then I think things could turn around.

I don't care about cosmetics. I thought that balance was often good enough considering the need for asymmetry. What got me to stop logging in was that no matter how many times I drive the filthy lapdogs of the False Emperor, the pitiful Eldar fairies or the vile Ork scum from Pegusus I could never claim it in the name of Chaos. When the timer ended it resets and it's like nothing happened. A heat map wasn't enough, we needed maps tied to locations on a world map that with battles that decide who controls that map at the end of it.

I'm sure if the devs gave the workshop the tools to make a functioning map there'd be people willing to make them. The devs creating the system for meaningful territory gain seems far-fetched at this point, but I think if there was a shit-ton of maps in rotation it would at least feel like Arkhona is actually a planet with a war on it.
  7. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

yeah the maps are a playground not a battlefield ( f***ing quake champion map BS)

alpha maps have more details and realism

game is a water down version
  8. Be care
    Careful, using words “f***ing” and “quake” in the same sentence is blasphemy
    Deadknight and Krayt like this.
  9. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

<-- Used to work in a place called the House of Quake

and I F****ed the owners niece in the gaming pit after closing hours .... we dated for a while.

Does that count as blasphemy as well ?
    Aidwell likes this.