Background Image

Wtf No Jumping???????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by H4ker, Jul 8, 2014.

1. H4ker H4ker Recruit

I heard there will be no jumping option in this game. I also heard it is because the Space Marines are too heavy to jump( which is not true cause they have power armors and not medieval plates and they are genetically enhanced). If so there are some possible problems that might arise.
    If a characters comes across a low wall or a stone does he need to go around it? Will there be obstacle triggered jumps? If so will you first have to enter cover like in many games so far? That would suck. This game needs to have as little as possible movement limiting systems.
    If their weight is indeed the problem will the Eldar be capable of jumping?
    Potochich and Abenobashi like this.
  2. Squid sunx Subordinate

ye you are right my friend that will be shit if you cant jump
  3. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Hah, well i gotta hand it to you. This topic truly wasnt addressed in ages, kinda refreshing in the sea of 50 duplicate threads about.:D

As for jumping, well i dunno i guess i have no firm take on either sides of the coin.
    I like jumping, though devs didnt mention weight when they talked on that end but something more on the lines of "would it be ok for you to see a Space Marine hopping (or bunnyhopping) around?".

I can live without jumping though, if the level design is done in such a way that you basically dont need jumping (the example you gave which many games do, vaulting over things and such).

It poses a question though, in the first Alpha vid we actually see a SM jumping and grabbing into the top part of a box, then pulling himself up and basically climbing on top of one. I dunno if that was an actual triggered event, cause if it were it would be odd to have it pop up everywhere.
    SlaytonTheSly and Abenobashi like this.
  4. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

the devs said no free based jumping,

but there is a jump/climb option in place in some areas, a jump/hurdle option on low obstacles and a jump back/avoid move,

people screamed long and loud to remove any possibilty of "bunny hopping/bouncing" characters from EC since that mechanic has been the ruin of immersion in PvP games for years
    Fawzi, SlaytonTheSly and Abenobashi like this.
  5. You can climb on surfaces and vaulting over obstacle or low walls; there's no need of bunny jumping in this game. ;)
  6. Kudzu Kudzu Cipher

Didn't we see the havok jumping around in an alpha video?
  7. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

That would be the dodge mechanic, im thinking OP meant something more on the lines of "press space to jump".
  8. Rasczak Rasczak Subordinate

Any competent designer has known how to have jumping without bunny hopping since 2004 or so. It's really an easy fix, especially if you're not using the Quake engine.
  9. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T07T0RP_F88&feature=youtu.be&a

say hello to Tim the bunnyhopper devastator.
    "now the topic is: please less jumping for the space marine"
  10. Rasczak Rasczak Subordinate

Potochich and Vintage like this.