Background Image

WTF Is Eldar Armor made of STEEL for?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RarityMLP, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Rarity RarityMLP Member

Seriously bE, I did not know wraithbone armor = STEEL WEATHERING ON ELDAR, everything from weapons to Infantry to the grav-tanks. Come on, even bE can do better than this. Is it so hard to get nice wraithbone weathering?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fire Dragon is a less extreme example, but seeing whole armor plates look like paint is chipping off on the other two is shameful.

Now here's what would be nice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look at Kayleth, no need to do metal, it looks like a resin/crystalline material as it gets towards the edges of the armor plates, and the proportions are better too now that I think about it.
    Bogrol and Teshkomije like this.
  2. Uh...think you're tripping mate. This really doesn't bother me, nor my Eldar tabletop player in the slightest.
    EventHorizon likes this.
  3. Rarity RarityMLP Member

Take a look at that Dark Reaper's armor. You'd have to be blind to ignore the metal and paint chipping.
  4. You are right, those little graphical things should be adressed to keep up the immersion.
    But i guess right now they got much more urgent matter that needs their attention... like the 4th faction they announced, the PvE and basically a big portion of the game they promised. And they only got time till the end of summer if they want to hold on to their schedule.

After Core game is finished, things like that are easy to do

So yes, but no if that makes any sense :D
    Bogrol and Lorgars-Faithful like this.
  5. Rarity RarityMLP Member

I'm wondering how such a thing was overlooked, and if they will actually look at this and consider correcting it.
  6. I`m not wondering... to be honest, i overlooked this myself.
    And to an extend, im not to bothered with it :D
  7. No, I see it plain as day. I just think you're being a bit ridiculous about how "glaringly horrible" it supposedly is. From my perspective, the grey "metal" underneath the scratches as you put it actually is the wraithbone.
  8. E-50_Panzer E-50_Panzer Well-Known Member

Because wraithbone has a layer of paint that chips off. This game has issues with its artstyle.
  9. Games Workshop approved + Behaviour's artistic vision = I don't give a shit.
  10. E-50_Panzer E-50_Panzer Well-Known Member

I doubt GW gives a single flying fug about the graphics on their games unless it's glaring to the point Space Marine Tactical Marines have Unicorns on their right pauldron.