Background Image

Would you say this game is Hard or Easy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by acepost, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

For melee, its mostly attacking the ranged player as ferociously as possible so they don't get to shoot you.
    If you make a mistake, you can compensate with Iframes.
    The less you clang, the better.

For ranged, its either trying to outmaneuver the enemy (if they are bad enough), so you get behind them and can shoot safely. Or just fending them off as long as possible, hoping you get help.

Shieldbros have the additional option of just hiding behind their Shield but at the cost of wasting time and losing the initiative. Jetpacks have the ability to disengage when they aren't doing well, use air-attacks to try and break the enemy resistance or just fly up and spam Smart-Pistol.

All in all I believe we have one of the best states possible but in one of the worst frameworks imagineable.
    Its 'balanced' but its not fun for either side, engaging or skillful.
  2. Razmirth Sneaky-krumpin Subordinate

This pretty much sums it up. I can’t even keep up anymore. Unless you play 1-2 hours daily, it’s hard to keep up with all the vets. And I am a “vet”, but since I’ve barely gotten in More than 1 match a day since last April, I’m like a noob now compared to a lot of the other players out there.

And i actually know what’s going on in game. For new players it’s gotts feel like a mole climbing a mountain.
  3. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

e z

nah game's fun but shit tutorial, relic and artificer armor being locked to rank 2 and 5 respectively and a bunch of other shit in the advancements means newbies are at a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE disadvantage outside of just the skill level.
  4. LucianNostra Well-Known Member

In gameplay terms EC is pretty easy, the guns all well, the recoil and shot bloom is low on pretty much everything. There's definitely room to improve so the ceiling isn't to low but getting started the game is pretty noob friendly.

The difficulty in EC comes from people's expectations of being neigh unkillable as a Marine and the rage when they go down in a second or less.
  5. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

I agree with much that has been said here. As in almost any game, experience and teamplay are very effective and can only be countered with... experience and teamplay. The game may be hard to get into for new players due to the consistent lack of a good tutorial, but once a player has found his bearings it becomes pretty straightforward as long as certain things are considered:
    - learning countermeasures
    - learning melee mechanics
    - unlocking armor upgrades and certain crucial weapons

Once these things are taken into account, even casual players can easily experience fun and success.
  6. Atarius Atarius First Blood!

EC is easy and hard. Sometimes fun, the next time boring. Frustrating and enjoyment. Predictable and chaotic, raging and Calming. Honor and deceptive.

It is what you make out of it and whom you play with.
  7. I'll tell you what's hard is when the mouse button you use for sprint dies and you have to re-bind it to something awkward on your keyboard. It all feels so alien now.
  8. :SMSurprised:
  9. Depends on latency and which faction you're playing.
    URIELFUKKENVENTRISS likes this.
  10. What is that weird? I think it gives a "bruce lee-like free running" flow to it.