Background Image

Wots da deal wif chain choppaz?

Discussion in 'Orks' started by MrMaksimus, Mar 19, 2017.

1. MrMaksimus Recruit

I jsut recently relaised that the Chain choppa has identical stats and LP cost to the default choppa one, so....WOTS DA ZOGIN POINT?!

Apart from avin an ork chainsaw I mean. Do the mods make a significant difference?
  2. Eavydakka Khaernakov Subordinate

da chain choppa got sum healf steal! (health steal mod seems to be loved around by melee players, besides its an ork chainsaw, thats badass)
  3. Dakiaris Dakiaris Curator

Actually they are the same weapon with a different look. They get the exact same mod sets and stuff. The only difference is the unique chain choppa has 40% life steal and is called the ghost choppa.
  4. MrMaksimus Recruit

Well dat just aint roit....

At lest give it mroe penetration at the cost of speed or something.
  5. Details Details The Spriteful

I still don't understand why it has that strange handle instead of the proper one that some normal choppas have
    [​IMG]

if it's supposed to be a chain-axe equivalent then strap another end of the choppa to it, the marines already have a two handed axe wielded with only one hand
    [​IMG]
  6. Dakiaris Dakiaris Curator

It's because they are skimping on costs for the ork related things.... Check out our shoota,rokkit and big shoota they have the exact same weapon base all shared between them. Our choppa blade, chain choppa , choppa axe, clubba and electro choppa all have the exact same handle. The only unique handles still have the same base just with a spiky hand guard and the mod also changes it to that.
    Reede and Gazrick like this.
  7. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

He's right, they're essentially reusing assets to slap our stuff together
  8. Details Details The Spriteful

It's not that I didn't notice the reused assets, it's that I don't understand why they didn't reuse them the right way
  9. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

Haste to push the game out in a timely manner would be my guess. Cuz let's be honest, this game was released in a rather poor state and everything was put together as quickly as possible without the minimal required amount of polish. In time maybe they'll bother to do that once their team is back to full staff again.
  10. I have 0 faith in the current devs , they just fiddle with cosmetics and damage bars that's it