Background Image

Worlds Factory: Warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade Interview

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Merketh, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Kudzu Kudzu Cipher

They mentioned that in the article.

2. Argh. Must have missed that. Good to know it will be included. Bonus points if you blow the bridge when high value enemy assets are attempting to cross it.

3. Uh,

What part of eve was this? I'm in Snigg (PL).
  4. Alexious Alexious New Member

Hey people!

I'm glad you liked our interview. I can't wait to see the game in action, after so much discussion about the details :)
  5. I hope they get the sabotage/behind enemy lines stuff balanced real quick. It would suck if all the armies said forget it because it's so easy for a few guys to waltz in and render all an army's progress as nothing in five minutes.
    Ulfgard and Bladerunner like this.
  6. intense intents Capital_G Active Member

7. Wow what a hard to do and glorious achievement...:rolleyes:
  8. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

We're indeed a deeply disturbed and detail oriented bunch. But it's one of the more hilarious and flame-free forums.

Great questions, really good info. Thanks a lot :)
    Kaldor Draigo likes this.
  9. Kaldor Draigo Kaldor-Draigo Well-Known Member

At this point I think we should wait for the infodump @ E3. Hopefully there will be some graphical illustration of how these 'campaigns' will work too. IMO:

6 continents
    5 factions
    1 'Dynamically Generated Campaign' for each 'Faction' that spans across multiple continents each week.

This way sometimes you may not run into some of the other factions, other times you will run into all of them at once! E.g. to complete the Space Marine Campaign for this week we must Conquer our way to point 'X' which is a relic guarded by Eldar and there are various Ork encampments along the way we must destroy.

This actually makes sense in my head now. Whether this is what Behaviour are doing exactly I'm not sure!
    Laanshor likes this.
  10. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

Sounds like that's a real concern, I'm guessing that's the ultimate focus of the Commander's Stronghold powers: Reinforcing points, maybe deploying NPC turrets, adding vehicle/elite RP caches for defenders, more favorable respawn locations and teleport beacons for bringing in rapid response forces etc.

My impression is that a really well funded point will still be theoretically take-able but takes maybe 20-30 mins (guesstimate) to destroy with a large enough raiding force where a poorly defended one might change hands much more quickly with even a well played, well equipped squad of pro saboteurs. Death to the zerg :p

If they are doing it that way I hope they're considering putting a continuous upkeep cost for each of the defensive assets, not just pay once for those reinforcements and forget it. Having to constantly make smart decisions about whether holding/taking territory is even worth it is depth. I hate arbitrary territory grabbing games as much as I hate when territory flips owners too rapidly.