Background Image

World of Steam and Steel (IC Thread )

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by bossaroo, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Wata Wata Arkhona Vanguard

"Fuck...seriously? How am I supposed to nap now..."
    Lady Candelaria complained from her seat, the music was making it hard to nap.

Lucia sprang up immediately when the sound of message arriving was heard. She took another swig of whiskey while walking towards the pipe and corked her bottle.
    Deftly she nabbed the canister and opened it, tossing the canister itself wherever and read the message contained within.
    "About damn time something happens." She muttered. Lucia wasn't good with waiting.
    TuskatheDaemonKilla and Maleth like this.
  2. Karl sighed at the very rude scarred woman and her constant use of profanity. Though he could understand her annoyance at the music he was close to dozing off himself before the car was filled with the rather annoyingly cheerful music. But seeing how they had received something presumably from their employer he pulled himself out of the comfortable chair and walked over to the woman to see what she was reading. His tired eyes made his vision a bit blurry but if he held it close enough he could make out words. Perhaps he should get glasses soon, he knew quite a few people who specialized on certain medical practices so it wouldn't be hard to... By god he was getting side tracked again. Shaking his head a bit he looked over the woman's shoulder to get a look at what had been in the cylinder.
    Maleth likes this.
  3. Wincent had been mostly awake, as he had been writing down some notes in a handbook before putting it inside his coat. He then stood, walking over and also beginning to read said message, curious what it was. He had worked for "shady" bosses before, and honestly found this way ot giving instructions rather... childish almost. However he read it quietly, curious what it said.
    TuskatheDaemonKilla likes this.
  4. Bossaroo bossaroo Well-Known Member

(@TuskatheDaemonKilla @Wata @Wincent @Vlayden @Maleth )

Inside the canister was an letter written in an elequant hand its letters written in a fine black ink on a rich parchment , obviously the work of someone with of a rich blood. The letter was simple in its instructions

"To the newest associates

My congratulations for arriving in a timely manner and not letting your respective histories. The offer i have for you is quite a daring preposition indeed. If any of you chosw ro refuse it you will be let off the train and i assure you that none of us will ever see you again or vice versa. Though to jepordize the mission will have quite grave repercussions

Now that the mandatory warning is through is out of the way the job is going to be quite perilous indeed. You are to infiltrate the Daedalan docks and obtain a small list of things , worry yourself not you will be imbursed quite well for your services. You are to head to the offices and obtain the deed and registration to the ship the "Delphinus" , assert control over the "Delphinus" , and acquire enough LTA 15 to carry the ship. For those that say this task is herculean you shall find the valets quite handy.

P.S dear Lady of Scars do help yourself to my bar"

The letter ends without any address to it at all and the train starts looping back around to the Station

( @Wata )
    The writing seems vaugely familair as if Lucia had seen it somewhere before , breif memories of glimspes snuck of her fathers study but ahe couldnt put a name to it or where it was from
  5. Wata Wata Arkhona Vanguard

Lucia was about to unfold the message when two figures loomed over her shoulder. She turned to look both of them in turn, staring daggers at them both. Lucia took few steps away from them and only then properly unfolded it.
    Immediately the writing struck out to her. It wasn't her father's writing but it was enough to remind her of him.
    "Cocksucker..."
    She grumbled at her memories and after reading it she crumpled the paper and slapped it at Karl's chest, promptly heading over to the bar. @TuskatheDaemonKilla
    "Daedalan docks, steal Delphinus with it's papers and enough 15 to carry the rotten thing."

She started pouring all kinds of liquor into one big glass. If there was a chance for her to see her worthless piece of garbage father again she would go on a killing spree (more than usual).

"Oh, and if we refuse we are all dead yada yada..."
    She said and started mixing her drink with a cocktail stick.
  6. Wincent reads the note and then smiles
    "More, if we accept the MISSION are we dead"
    He folds his arms as he also walks over to the bar. Not a fan of alcohol, but he think he can take a small swig for now.
    He pours up a strange mixture, a combination of a specific whiskey, beer and some other strange things around the bar, sipping it softly before leaning against it, looking around the cart while breathing out quietly. Seemingly quite relaxed.
    TuskatheDaemonKilla and bossaroo like this.
  7. Maleth Maleth Subordinate

With the rather foul-language favouring woman and two of the men getting up to read the letter, Cornelia didn't rise from her seat to see the letter, and instead remained seated in quiet irritation at what she felt was a very unfitting choice of music.

Course, listening to what the message said (or at least, what the woman read and then said aloud) brought a look of consternation to Blackthorn's face but still: A job was a job. So she said to everyone present ( @Wata , @Wincent , @Vlayden , @TuskatheDaemonKilla ) "In that case, we might as well start planning out what we need to do. That means we need to know what we're all good at."

Pausing, the Engineer then said "Well, I'll start first and say my area of expertise is engineering and I'm also a pretty good pilot myself." She clasped her hands together, waiting to see what everyone else had to say about themselves, and if that leant themselves to a certain method of getting the ship, it's papers and presumably the LTA 15 to fly the thing.
  8. Karl uncrumpled the paper the particularly rude woman had slapped against his chest. His vision was still a bit blurry so he was forced to squint as he read the paper. When he had finished it was clear the rude woman's summery was indeed correct. He found himself wanting a drink like the rude woman but figured he would need his wits about him. He was a doctor after all and he.... Karl had already poured himself a glass of beer and returned to his previous seat before he finished that thought. A woman had just proclaimed herself an engineer and pilot after asking what everyone else's profession was and he brought the glass to his lips before answering. "I am a fully licensed physician." Was all he said, purposefully leaving out the more interesting things he knows how to do as he would very much like to never have to do those things ever again as long as he lived. Especially not in some kind of airship heist he managed to end up being hired for.
    bossaroo, Wata and Maleth like this.
  9. Wata Wata Arkhona Vanguard

Lucia took a seat at a comfy looking chair and tossed the cocktail stick.
    "I shoot, stab and know how to navigate an airship."
    She took a hefty swig of her liver destroyer drink. Finally the drink was starting to have the desired dulling effect.
    "I am a pirate. Take that with what you want."
    She placed a cigarette on her lips and started to look for a match from her attire.
  10. Akerath Vlayden Well-Known Member

The officer gave off a small hum when he finished reading the message, shrugging his shoulders and leaning back a bit more with his pipe in hand. He certainly didn't seem bothered, by this!
    "Just a mere officer here," He said with a smile at the group. "Give a firearm, I'll shoot, 'n give me soldiers, I shall lead; might be able to drive anything they have, 's well."
    "Anything you lot need, b'fore we get there? 'm needing somethin' t' drink that won't turn me into a bloody swooning badger."