Discussion in 'Table Top' started by The-Mad-Magos, Apr 7, 2015.
Well I got Burning Of Prospero for Xmas, and I've built my first unit.
Sisters of Silence squad, with some minor conversion work and alternative builds.
Kitbashed Apothecary (probably Death Guard).
Techmarine with Conversion Beamer Kitbash.
My Canoness Veridyan. I did some minor conversion work to bring her more in line with the artwork.
And a comparison of the Canoness, a Sister of Silence, and classic female Inquisitors.
Also started to do the red on my Tank:
Nice gold Valrak! But nothing beats dull white!
You could notch the ends of the Crossguard on that Power Sword to make it look like it's a BT one.
And if that doesn't work, you can still cut it off and replace it with a proper BT one.
I think I may use this one, it's not BTish but I like the look of it more:
I've begun easing myself back into painting with some Dark Eldar (and a WB Chaplain).
My Archon's Court expansion, plus Haemonculus.
Foundation layer of Charadon Granite, highlighted with P3 Thornwood Green and Traitor Green, then shaded with two layers of Nuln Oil, and drybrushed with original colours.
With foundation of Charadon Granite and highlighted as the Archon's Court.
Court of Archon, plus Grotesque, with flesh painted and highlighted with other colours started on.
Flesh was painted Tallarn Flesh, leaving the grey showing in the recesses of only the Ur-Ghuls and Grotesque, then Dheneb stone was used to highlight. Washed the Ur-Ghuls and Grotesque with Leviathan Purple, and the Lhamaean was washed with Gryphonne Sepia followed by Leviathan around the eyes, in the cleavage, cheek hollows and ears.
Drybrushed with Tallarn followed by Dheneb.
I'm using the WB Chaplain to ease my way into painting Astartes.
Foundation of Charadon Granite, highlighted with P3's Thornwood Green and Traitor Green, washed with Nuln Oil and drybrushed with the three paints.
Painted skulls with Dheneb stone, washed with Agrax Earth Shade, and drybrushed with Dheneb.
Cape foundation and layer painted. Needs highlights, wash, and drybrush.
Golds prepped with layer of Blood Red.
I'm trying a few things with the cape aiming for a crimson colour.
Skulls, I'm trying something simple with.
More PIP on my Word Bearer Chaplain.
I'm pretty much finished with the cloak.
I was aiming for a Crimson colour, so tried something new.
I painted Hormagaunt Purple into the folds, Tau Sept Ochre highlights, then a few thin layers of an old Blood Red, with old Scab Red into the folds and inner lining.
I washed Leviathan Purple into the folds and shadow areas, and Baal Red all over.
Drybrushed the Scab Red on the inside, then Blood Red all over the cloak.