Background Image

Wondering what LSM faction to play as...

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by I-am-alpharius01, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Hi all, I am a newcomer to EC and was wondering which legion *BLAM*. Ahem sorry, chapter I should play. I am open to suggestions so long as it doesn't create a flame war in the responses section.

At the moment I am gravitating to the MOST TRUSTWORTHY AND TOTALY NOT HERETICAL faction in the imperium, the Dank angels. Although the Graeco-Roman theme the ultramarines have is very appealing. I have decided not to do a poll as I want a more human and detailed reasoning for joining each faction.

Emperor's blessing upon you all.

+++Thought of the day+++

There is only the Emperor, He is our shield and He is our protector.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  2. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

There isn't much difference outside of some cosmetic stuff and space wolfs getting a power mace instead of a chainsword for the apoc.
    0strum and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  3. Really
    It comes down to cosmetics. I'd create one, go into the store, play debbie-dress-up a bit and see which bitz ya like best. As stated above, the only REAL difference is that Space Wolf Apothecaries get the cool Chaplain armor and a power mace while the other Apos are limited to chainswords for dedicated melee weapons.

As it stands RIGHT NOW, I'd say the most characterful chapter is the Wolves and really the DAngels are the most drab, but in the end you've gotta look at your dude WAY more than I will.

Good luck, and swing by Watch Company Absolution if you want some fun guys and gals to run with!

There is only one option !!!

5. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

Dont listen to the dark angle (he might be a fallen)
    Go True , Go Blue for the spiritual liege!

Lutek likes this.
  6. Slough Monster Slough_Monster Arkhona Vanguard

Alpha Legion is best legion.

It is also less heretical than Dark Angels. :D
    Cyborg_Dragon likes this.

Imperial Fists.

Every kill is a humiliation when your enemies realize they were killed by a fucking banana.
    SakitPerut, Cyborg_Dragon and 0strum like this.
  8. Duximus Duximus Steam Early Access

Imperial fists - Yellow is my favourite colour

Ultramarine - They are rich who doesn't like rich.

Blood angel - I do like blood angel but i just don't get some BA marine wearing nipple plate power armor...

Dark angel - Fallen business...

Space Wolves- Furry
  9. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

As the pony has already mentioned, in terms of gameplay, only the Space Wolves are different in that their healer has a Crozius Arcanum instead of a chainsword.
    As for the remaining and slightly more codex compliant chapters, the Dark Angels are probably somewhat better off, as their unlockable veteran loadouts do include hoods and vests of cloth in addition to the loincloths that the others get.
    Unfortunately, chapter specialties have not found their way into the game apart from the aforementioned Crozius Arcanum, so you will have to base your decision on your preference of chapter color and chapter lore.

I myself recently deleted all my characters and started from zero again, my current main is also a Dark Angel. My reason for playing this character now instead of my previous Space Wolf and Imperial Fist: I like green and plasma and in terms of role play, I think I could get away with my DA being a noob and not knowing about the chapter's controversial secrets.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  10. BnCodex BnCodex Active Member

The Dark angel:
    You're a fool to trust em, they may be the first but half their chapter went rogue later known as the "fallen". They also hate xenos ALOT. Also if you find out their secret, they will kill you, think of them as space Illuminati

Blood angel:
    Fking space vampire, their primarch died a heroic death though

The Mary Sue of the Universe, you can't go wrong with this. They also have fking Primaris marine helmet.

Imperial fist:
    Very loyal, if it weren't for them, Highlord Vandire would've continue running the shit, and hes fking insane. Their Primarch is weak though, died offscreen

Space Wolf:
    Fking Do Vah Kin in Space! Who wouldn't like em. They are sooo loyal and regarded to be above other chapter that they were let off with a slap on the wrist even after fighting to defend civilian from being purge by the grey knights.