Background Image

Will There Be Player Duels In Game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Savage Shark, Dec 11, 2013.

?

Would players like the chance to SPAR with their friends/clan for pratice and fun?

1. Absolutely! None shall best me in melee!

26 vote(s)
    44.1%
  2. Nah. I like to get practice on the battlefield

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  3. Maybe. But only if it's not a prereq and I don't suffer from it.

27 vote(s)
    45.8%
  1. Calistarius Calistarius Active Member

Really plaiyng a MMO in PVE?
    Why dont you buy a single player game?

i'll play PVE only if force to get some cool rewards nut i'll be 99% PVP
  2. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

I look forward to the chance of dueling my battle-brothers aboard our strike-cruiser before we deploy into actual combat.

One can never get enough training before being thrown into battle against the enemies of the Imperium.
    remican likes this.
  3. larrence larrs Curator

its cool everyone has their thing but i dont know of one game that i can play as an ork where i can actually feel like an ork of coarse i will play the multiplayer modes but in pve you have like a ton of enemies at once attacking i just love the strategy and prep it takes to go far. also i hate single player games i plan to play team survival.
  4. Bladerunner Bladerunner777 Well-Known Member

Savij wrote:

(Sorry for a little thread jack, this may be made a different thread by moderators if they wish.)
    Yeah, but it makes no difference to the killed one if it was by a mistake or not especially when you finally collected the required amount of requsition, you finally got your terminator armour and blaaam - oops, sorry bro I meant to throw that melta nade in different direction, -termie armour cool down - thank you very much.

Karukus wrote:

The best mechanics solution about FF is turning it off. The mechanics You mentioned may be effective in punishing or banning players who abuse it but not in preventing the accidental death. And a lot of accidental death will be happening, you'll see.

Kaldor Draigo wrote:

It is a bomb especially in this kind of game where multiple player melees will get mixed with shooting. This will spoil the fun of playing, I'm 100% sure of this.
  5. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

It will be tested during closed/open beta and then they will most likely make a final decision on if friendlyfire should be part of the game or not.
  6. I would love to spar with teamates on my ship in my spare time, because for some reason i like to kill time by killing time in video games, like in SWTOR or WoW i'd just fly around and mind my own business, doing achievements or running around exploring places, duelling teamates was one of those favourite past times
    remican likes this.
  7. Tyranthius Tyranthius Well-Known Member

I don't play MMORPGs for PvP at all. I play mostly for Roleplay and PvE.

Thing is...EC is not an RPG persay...it's nice to see they plan to add useful PvE content to this game.
    remican likes this.
  8. defiantly! I think the 1v1 concept has roots in almost every competitive game and why not add it to a game such as this especially melee combat PvP is always fun but preferably in a 1v1 not team based at least to me
  9. The game should be focused around mass combat not balanced for 1v1s.

That said I've suggested practice cages and arenas for training only, as in no cross faction duels. That should be dynamic PvP gameplay.
    Ahremer and Felix - Proteus like this.
  10. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

Pretty much this if Behaviour decides to balance the game 1v1 for whatever reason it might as well just become Planetside 2 with a 40k skin, the thing that will make this unique is how each faction feels and plays and i also definitely agree with dueling within your own faction only, you should not be able to duel an Ork as a Space Marine for example.
    Bladerunner likes this.