Background Image

Will There Be Player Duels In Game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Savage Shark, Dec 11, 2013.

?

Would players like the chance to SPAR with their friends/clan for pratice and fun?

1. Absolutely! None shall best me in melee!

26 vote(s)
    44.1%
  2. Nah. I like to get practice on the battlefield

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  3. Maybe. But only if it's not a prereq and I don't suffer from it.

27 vote(s)
    45.8%
  1. Bladerunner Bladerunner777 Well-Known Member

Fireeye wrote:

I think FF should be totally disabled, there are many reasons for that.

Unfortunatelly there are always some players who simply enjoy shooting\stabbing anything that's nearby including teammates, if there will be no severe penalties for that they will do it just for fun of annoying other players.

Others will shoot you to get your weapon (here it's impossible coz ther'll be no swithing weapons) or ammo if that's possible.

Others will do it accidentally and this may happen pretty often especially when trying to engage an enemy fighting your teammate in melee.

I'm already sure ther'll be a lot of issues with FF if it's on.
  2. teamkillers could get a betrayer mark over they head
    they can then be killed and you get a reward for that for example points which will get you a title if they are high enough
    well we still have the downstate before we die
    so the duel could simply end there
  3. Kaldor Draigo Kaldor-Draigo Well-Known Member

This. I really don't want to see Space Marines even considering dueling when there is a mission to carry out. Keeping it to the strike cruiser in a public area with a ring mechanic is perfect.
  4. Bladerunner Bladerunner777 Well-Known Member

Savij wrote:

So what about if somebody kills some of his teammates by accident, will he also get the betrayer mark? You see, there'll be only problems and question marks with FF, if devs simply get rid of it - no problems, as simple as that.
  5. well it is a difference if you kill someone by accident or not
    so lets say
    you need to hit a mate twice and do 50% damage to them to get flagged as traitor
    so the strong slow weapon users ar covered and the weak fast weapons too
  6. Rabilon Karukuz Subordinate

Friendly fire was confirmed very early on. The purpose was to prevent extreme aoe grenade/missile/melta etc spam into the mele fighters with the purpose of promoting mele combat.
    Planetside suffered badly for a while with it's friendly fire but here you can actually see from a distance who is one of yours and who is not so things are better.
    There are enough mechanics that can be put in place to prevent abusing ff for benefit and to punish it when done more than a certain number of times.
  7. Kaldor Draigo Kaldor-Draigo Well-Known Member

I still worry that Friendly fire is a bomb waiting to go off. The worst bit is in some cases it is actually lore accurate. Particularly for Chaos/Orks!
    Bladerunner likes this.
  8. Calistarius Calistarius Active Member

Absolutley, not only i want an event planned every year FEAST OF BLADES where the best swordsman duel each other
  9. Kaldor Draigo Kaldor-Draigo Well-Known Member

This could be really cool or really sad. Depending on how deep the combat mechanics go.
  10. larrence larrs Curator

I would like a dual option but i am going to have most of my fun in pve areas.