Background Image

Will There Be Friendly Fire Or Not?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ares_Gildeon, Oct 21, 2013.

1. De tyr Detyr Subordinate

and people will not notice that a hacker is already on his 100th victim.
  2. More Dakka New Member

if there is FF PLEASE let it say who attacked and or killed you. I am so tired of FF in mech warrior online when getting shot in the back and having no idea who did it.
  3. Dolevar Active Member

Doesn't Ps2 have friendly fire?
    That went not as bad as I thought it would
  4. Steelhide Steelhide Well-Known Member

As far as i can see, Anyone who played war games on a large scale with friendly fire (not just 10v10 top arena games like cod, space marine, etc) can agree on that that friendly fire was never and will never be an issue. Also its a must because otherwise the lack of this feature renders many classes and options useless.
  5. The Great Wolf The_Great_Wolf Well-Known Member

Nope, there are multiple ways to restrict this, ammo, reload times, over heating, the risk of blowing yourself up and so on.

Also xavier, the game you describe is 8 people in a party together this game will have so many people that communication with every friendly will be impossible.
  6. The Great Wolf The_Great_Wolf Well-Known Member

The other side of that coin is melee being restricted, players will not be able to use certain weapons, also the heavies will not be able to lend fire support without high risk to their teammates.

We also dont know about respawning, how far from the battle will you have to start again and after how long?

The chances of accidental teamkills in 40 k style combat both ranged and melee is too high to add ff as default on, not just to people you know but pissing off allies as well, the line between realistic and fun to play still is very small indeed so i would much prefer they add a skirmish mode or something where people can set up lobbies and tweak their settings as desired.
  7. Steelhide Steelhide Well-Known Member

You have a point, but those who think ff have a right to be in the game, also. I would say lets wait a few months, lets see how is the game, and decide based on what we seen or experienced if its wise or unwise to use as a feature.
  8. Krake Hakula Arkhona Vanguard

Good good... FF is on. I just hope there will somekind of reporting / perma ban system for the teamkillers who just want to get their lols from spoiling other peoples fun.
  9. GitzStompa GitzStompa Subordinate

Or maybe we could let the community handle it? If there are known teamkillers, people report them to the War Council and the War Council sends a message to the mods about these players. When the message has arrived and the mods agree that this guy/guys are a problem, they are locked to an in-game room where they can't get out. Their weapons are locked and they can only run around a small space.

They are released after 2 weeks. If they keep doing it, they're instantly put back to the "cage". This decission is also accountwide, so you can't just log to another character and continue. Should this kind of system be implemented, it should also track the IP of the "caged" players so that they can't just create new accounts and continue Teamkilling on purpose.

And yes, I absolutely want FF to this game. It also gives you a strategic way of looking at things. Some people complain that on larger scale open-field battles, melee will be quite useless. Of course they will be useless if you just rush head on and don't use tactics. That's why you have transports, ranged support to provide a way to the melee to enter the fight "safely".

It's all about strategy, you know.
    Steelhide likes this.
  10. Krake Hakula Arkhona Vanguard

If they keep behaving badly who about a mind clensing (character reset, all skillpoints of what ever we will get will be erased) to the chars. :p Though is is a realy severe punishment in the end for any gamer, but would suit the overall theme of warhammer 40k.