Background Image

Wilfred

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by 4tonmantis, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Mikey 4tonmantis Menial

It probably seems like a small thing unworthy of mention to most, but our family hamster died last night. My boys were heartbroken and it was hard on my wife and I. He was just a small creature of fur and teeth. He was family though and he is gone now.
  2. Forktress Forktress Subordinate

My condolences I know it must be hard.
  3. Mikey 4tonmantis Menial

The hardest part is just seeing the impact it's having on my kids. They've never had to reconcile death or loss of a loved one or anything. Our small dog used to come up and stare at him for hours while he ran on his wheel. He's going out of his mind trying to figure out where his buddy is.
  4. Forktress Forktress Subordinate

That's terrible. I hate it when kids get sad because then I get depressed.
  5. Well, the concept of death has to be thought or seen sooner or later.
    My condolences.
    The hamster was not just a family member, he also thought your kids a thing now. (not to sound rude or emotionless).

Funny, this reminds me of my 3 hamsters.
    I was 8 back then.
    2 were typical, small once. Nothing unique.
    The remaining 1 however was an old, gentle one, as big as a rat.

He was our favorite. Whenever you gave him a seed, he would gently take it and eat it with clear gratitude in his eyes.

And what happened next? He bit the other two to death. He tried to eat them.
    Then he got sick himself and died.
    The end. Lovely story, right?
    xD

Yeah, hamsters.
    At least yours wasn't so gruesome, eh? :)
    I remember being quite sad about it all, but forgot it in a week or so. Nothing too tragic, yet far from insignificant. They'll get over it, just don't forget to get rid of the cage and the smell.
    Sorry if I sound too rough. Just experience.
  6. Choppy Choppy Member

I read this and wtf. So one of your hamsters would eat treats and one time just tried to murder and cannibalize your other hamsters? Dude wtf... I am never getting a hamster.
    Dimitrius_Kirrolov likes this.