Background Image

Why Veteran are not available in Tyranide Hunt ?

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by BARRETTY93, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Why that heresie are in PVE ?
    ruititadiogo and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  2. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

At a guess, I'd say for balance.
  3. Dorfus Dorfus Steam Early Access

I think they should be allowed at least in hard mode... people already struggle with normal mode so it's only fair that in hard you're allowed to use veterans if you want to
    0strum likes this.
  4. Its to tick us off. Everyone knows that if they give us vets in that mode it will be fun. For some reason we are not allowed to have that. Who cares if it gets easier. I paid way to much for this game so give me my easy pve.
  5. Duximus Duximus Steam Early Access

Devs are lazy days why.
    CMDante, Hakula and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  6. It has been planned that vets and Terminators (if and when they come in) can be used in certain pve modes and such. they just need level designers in order to make the game mode, game designers, and animators (for the Terminators)
    XavierLight likes this.
  7. Saphirone Water_Snake Steam Early Access

Because PVE got some pretty cheesy team composition at the moment that allow for a boring but fast farming XP in hard mode.

Give peoples veteran and they will just bullrush the mode hundred times to get way more XP than they should have while playing the normal game for the same time.

They don't have the manpower, designers, time and money to focus on the PVE. I think they even said the team in charge of the PVE had to leave to work on Star citizen. So actually the main reason is that nobody is actually in charge of the mode devellopement and no-spare person is present to do it.
  8. I heard how Natan said that it will be unbalanced, but I do not understand it at all.
    You must be lvl 5 to open Veteran class or you have to buy a Hero.
    Those Heroes are NOT equipped for PVE mode, they just have more effective hitpoints.
    To farm Hordes on Hard Mode you need a Heavy Bolter type of weapon, 1 Hero wont make it anyway.
    4 Heroes with a Healer - maybe but it will take at least the same amount of time as if it was just 2 Heavy Bolters.
    You remember that the more players you have, the more monsters will be in each vawe of the Horde.
    A 5 people PVE team of Veterans could make it up to higher vawes of the Horde.

But, for farming purposes, this is COMPLETELY POINTLESS, cause you can complete 9 vawes 3 times with 2 Regular or Veteran devastators, wich DO NOT DO MORE DAMAGE THAN REGULAR devastators, for the same amount of time!!!

Because of the same amount of time required to complete 9 vawes anyway, Regular class, Veteran class or Hero class.

And farming Lair Mode is pointless, cause it gives you less XP than Horde Mode.

So, What balance problems are you talking about???? I see none!
    Tior likes this.
  9. Popoolo ruititadiogo Steam Early Access

PVE should be for fun. And 1 of the big things of the game the elites, are not used because of a bad decision in my point of view. At least the costume of the elite should be available for players level 6 or make other level and only 1000 points instead of 1400 but the looks are the same so people can show off. And in lair let elites play i would ply more pve. i like the pve being 1 player its nice now make it elites and would be even better, in PVP let all people use elites what they want, if balanced needed make all builds 1400 and its done the game is loosing one of the nicest things the elites for level 6 or make a new level 7.
  10. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

EC is trying it's best to go WYSIWYG, but sure, let's make characters look like something they are not.

I'm sure there will be no further gameplay-, programming- and graphics-problems when a guy masquerading as a Legion of the Damned uses Plasmagun or Melter. Or when a guy masquerading as a Possessed uses anything but a Powerfist.