Background Image

Why This Game Needs A License?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PerfectionistMind, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Well we can play Space Marine since 7 years. So it doesn't need a license imo. And it has multiplayer too with similar point capturing system. Also the other DoW series that has multi too. Why this game needs?
  2. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Relic has a 40k license
    Atsidas likes this.
  3. Unlimited or keep paying for it?
  4. Ivik McDinkleStein Jimmy_Neutron Steam Early Access

It’s most likely conditional and requires them to re-Aquire the IP after a set period of time, a renewal. Additionally Games Workshop is generally fairly uptight when it comes to how their intellectual property is handled so a stipulation in having a 40k license would probably be strict supervision by Games Workshop over any decisions that could affect the universe/cannon or brand of war hammer.

As far as we know servers for eternal crusader are paid for until 2020 so it’s probably around the same time the license will need to be renewed.
  5. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Have licence ..
    Still waiting on game..
    Jimmy_Neutron and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  6. Ivik McDinkleStein Jimmy_Neutron Steam Early Access

LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  7. What kind of condition? Re-aquire the IP? How would they? You're talking about IP not license and I forgot what the IP was. It's about story or something?

What? You pay for servers for the games in Steam? I didn't know that. I thought it's free to be on the Steam Servers. :/ So the other games would be closed too like Dark Souls Series?! And what about Space Marine?
  8. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

dude the game is dead

1. if they need the license we can do a go fund me (but they don't care anymore)

2. maps are playgrounds we really need battlefield

3. lying piece of shit company

4. no maintenance, no stability check is a red flag (even games that are almost dead still do maintenance)

5. they made a mistake to transfer to a new engine ( they think it would be cheap and then run out of money)

6. the fat guy keep lying and using all funds ( wah wah wah and nothing) now he is out and will destroy another game because incompetence

7. they don't need a freaking licence that was a freaking lie (fun but some players are still playing and waiting for more stuff)

you really need a license or permission for a knife, a bolter, heavy bolter or even armor designs fun and dumb ( in the freaking beginning game is incomplete now still incomplete)
  9. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

dude here in the west you need a licence to use someone else's IP