Background Image

Why The Hate Towards Black Legion?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by XXLiberatorXX, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Beskern Beskern Recruit

I was under the impression that smurfs were disliked because of the pompous superiority complex and the fact that they act that way yet have very little flavor. They feel generic, even after reading books about them. When you compare them to a Legion like the Salamanders they just fall so so short its laughable. Theyre not entertaining. They try with their pseudo greek/roman thing, but they show their smurfiness here also and they dont quite make it theirs enough to add flavor. They really feel like "heres a marine with no extra nothing and everyone else is an ultramarine plus or minus some flavor in a few categories.
  2. Papa-Nurgle Recruit

I'm not being mean but i prefer the Death Guard
  3. Viktor Aramorae TheWarpsmith Well-Known Member

All of that negative stuff is Matt Ward, literally all of it. Other authors have tried to improve their image but that heretic always "retcons" their work. But you are using the term Smurf in place of Generic but those 2 terms are for different purposes. Even if the Ultramarines are redeemed and become fan-favorites they will always be Smurfs because they are full-on blue (with White accents on their armor)