Background Image

why Plasma cannon is a problem?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BnCodex, Nov 20, 2017.

1. I heard nerf the PC... @jbregg You heard the masses!
    Katitof likes this.

2. That skip launcha sure is lonely collecting dust in the armory because it's such a useless weapon. I'm sure it would love to have some company. By all means nerf the PC yet again and give that Skip Launcha a pal.
  3. Saeritan Saeritan Arkhona Vanguard

The Skip Launcha is being kept warm at night by the Fusion Pistol, they're a happy couple. Introducing more weapons into that relationship could be devastating to their happiness.
  4. Necromancer Rivindesh Subordinate

Ill trade in snap shot if u give me back my ability to damage and destroy vehicles.
  5. BnCodex BnCodex Active Member

haha very funny umie, us orks still kickin STRUNG!
  6. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

You look ummie to me ya grot.

A nerf to the human factions won't ever happen.
  7. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

I'd rather have the plasma cannon be more of a dedicated area denial weapon for guarding points than go back to what it once was... Still the best weapon for farming 'Nids in some very specific spots though ;-)
  8. BnCodex BnCodex Active Member

Shaddup, You giv away me dizguize. Dem umies haven't have me figure out yet.
  9. Fryskar Fryskar Active Member

While the Rokkit is a short ranged, innacurate AV/ambush weapon on the Shoota Boy with...
    Oh you meant the Kannon?
    The Kannon differs from the PC mainly in terms of range and dmg/hit.
    The Kannon has a massive faster moving shot, it has a lot lower RoF and very small AoE, but will onehit any player on hit. Also its snapshot is more difficult to use, as its a high velocity, timed nade.
    Its variant, Napalm, works totally different and i'll exclude it here.

Short said its good vs tanks on any range and rather good vs infantry (best from above) on longer range as a well placed roll blocks all it can do on short range. Its useable on all ranges until render rande (~350m), but you need to compensate slightly for its arc and preaim for their speed.

The Plasma Cannon doesn't directly compete the Kannon.
    Its main adventage is that its able to fire 2x chained or 3x with a short break and its snapshot which is pretty handy in close range. It also can activly vent to reduce heat and is able to "reload" passive allowing it to fight more effective in melee or if you need to dodge/run than the Kannons regular reload.
    Its charged shot can onehit many, but not all loadouts. Its main weakness is projectil speed which is rather low. It has a large AoE.
    Its near useless vs tanks and good vs infantry on short to medium long range. Its not useable on very long range (200+m) as its blob is too slow to hit and it dissapears somewhere around that range.

Short summary i'd say the Kannon is AV/sniping and somewhat of area denial/breaching with its snapshot.
    The Plasma Cannon is pure AI for breaching, supporting and area denial.
    (By breaching i mean blowing up entrenched enemies, rather than running in and shooting anyone).
  10. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior