Background Image

Why is the Banshee Evade Attack so strange?

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Khornatian, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

It feels uncharacteristically clunky. I have to let go of any directional keys (WASD) while evading, otherwise the intended evade-attack turns into a delayed normal attack, which often proves lethal. Is that just a problem on my end?
    Utherix likes this.
  2. ambersand91 Recruit

Looks the same on spess mahreen side. It's just a complete roll animation and then the attack.
  3. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

I only have that problem with the banshee, not any other of the Eldar melee classes, such as the warlock or the scorpion, who both have a different animation set from the banshee
  4. Safreadis Safreadis Arkhona Vanguard

I don't have the problem with the Scorpion, but I wasn't ever able to perform an evade attack with a Banshee. I'm guessing that might be of great help, but now I'll try what you had. I've had the same issue with Sprint Attack... the only case where I was able to do it was sprinting for over 30m without any change in direction and then maybe...

That is odd anyway. Thanks for asking, at this point, I was thinking the Devs deliberately had the Banshee without Evade Attack, for some obscure reason. :rolleyes:
  5. Shiani Brujah Preacher

I've found the same issue with Striking Scorpions in the past. Maybe they fixed it for Scorpions, but not yet for Banshees?
  6. ambersand91 Recruit

Semi-hijacking this since I've noticed it mostly on the skerp but why does it feel like orks can roll out of my dbash stun?
  7. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

Thing with sprint-attack is that you need to lightly tap the melee button. Press it even slightly longer than a little tap and it will perform a normal attack instead.

http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/manatcher-and-sprint-attack-guide.65039/

Every race can do that. It's just a delayed response to your client, the foe does not roll while stunned, but on their screen they actually roll before you have a chance to stun them. It's intended, as said by the devs.
  8. Maensith Subordinate

What do you mean by "evade attack", I just dont understand? Is it an ability to attack immediately after a cartwheel/backflip/roll is performed, without 1-2 seconds delay for "recovering"? If so, then I dont face this problem anymore - havent faced, in fact, long ago, neither with banshees nor scorpions - I can attack right after evade is performed. I remember this annoying bug had been present for a long time but, I believe, it was successfully fixed
  9. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

Well, while pressing any directional input during the evade, the banshee wastes possibly less than half a second by performing a mundane light attack, which can prove crucial at times.

This should explain it best
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWBx0VArvOg
    b0ink7, Utherix and Safreadis like this.
  10. Maensith Subordinate

Ah, see now - to be honest, never once noticed it myself though I mainly play for banshee, guess this is indeed a bug