Background Image

Why is melee lock-on still in?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maensith, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

1 word: sensitivity

I for one can't stand playing on one sensitivity with melee AND ranged and I switch between melee and ranged classes quite a lot so I only use my gun sensitivity and leave autoaim for melee. Without it I'd have to switch every time and I know a few people who have this same exact issue because melee requires high sensitivities while my aim sensitivity is pretty damn low, too low for some normal melee, and I can't put it any higher lest my aim goes to shit. If they added a seperate sensitivity option for both things then I'd be 100% fine with it :p
  2. Valaron Valaron Arkhona Vanguard

Actually lock-on is the only thing that is helping to play as melee. Otherwise its just headless uncontrolled swinging around the room. As I play tactical, I usually just strafing/rolling around the person who is not using lock-on and killing him slowly with pistol :) He cannot target me in any way if Im confident what Im doing. Because when you swing in melee, you lose control of you character like for 2-3 secs. That is melee system which we have and its built on lock-on.
  3. Simple.
    Because they cant yet make the combat mechanics/systems good enough to not require it.