Background Image

Why is it so hard to implement the Looted Bolter?

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Khornatian, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

I don't see it requiring any new animations, even the model can just be copypasted with some ork iconography or graphitty thrown on. It would look half-assed, sure, but they sold the friggin Possessed for money and that thing looks like a fucking work-in-progress version of what was promised.
    Talron likes this.
  2. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

The problem is that is not worth their time. Noah is the only one doing those skins so every hour he does that he does not do "other" stuff. While a LSM item (like the past few) might justify this step, because they make up 50% of the playerbase and you can probably sell 2000 of the item for a solid 5-10 $ a pop Ork bolter will probably range around 300 items for the same time invested. Not to mention that the issue will be that it needs to be a skin move pulled over a modified value equal to a bolter shoota base model which does not take mods for customisation. Otherwise the looted bolter would not allow for mods (which would suck) or would break down to the shoota skeleton skin once you apply the first weaponmod to it. In the end you would need to manually adjust the weapon cause it is not used to the ork camera, the ork hand held and the shoota muzzlepoint. Afterall you dont want the ork to grab it on the barrel, the gun missing the crosshair because its not alligned or the bullet stream leaving the gun a above or below the weapon muzzle.

All this takes far more time then just recolouring the normal shoota in green and blue and gold where you wont encounter any module clipping and can just anchor the new skin on the fitting skeleton and drastically shifts the rentability of the hours invested against the model.

In short is is far more complex to move a weapon between factions then it is to just create a reskinned gun in red or blue and you need to sell more to make it worth your time.
    Talron, Houngar and Khornatian like this.
  3. BIg Time EBola Houngar Active Member

orks dont get much effort, we still have basic camera issues and while our animations are much better they still cause problems. we still need our basics revamped
    Brutuz likes this.
  4. Genos Brutuz Steam Early Access

As they said about pvpve so they prolly have the same comment about orks revamp.
    "In about 10 years"

I don't what they drink or what meds they are using before the stream but they need to pass that good stuff along.

It's funny how they think this game will survive for 10 more years.
    Maybe they should sell it to the capcom or nintendo XD.
    Oh wait, they can't.
  5. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

Not to mention the balance issue - either they make it a reskinned shoota and it's just an 'eh' skin that some people will buy, or they make it a bolter for Orks, which would be hilarious and broken. I'd love to have my toughest ork Shoota loadout w/ a bolter. Literally unkillable.
  6. Dakiaris Dakiaris Curator

It's not something "some people will buy" it's the other ork relic meaning you can't buy it anymore and those who have it already paid cash money for it....

It's been stated in the past the weapon will be a reskinned shoota as well.

Also orks still don't have the splash burna and spare keys kombi shoota or their base weapon types... Another 2 weapons people paid cash money for in the past and never got any compensation or a refund or anything for.

Honestly though I just stop by to look at the game every now and then in the off chance some miracle they manage to draw players back in and give the vet players the items they paid for before the game came out. So far looks exactly how it did 5 months back.
  7. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

's tough all around.

The game is pretty much beyond saving at this point, enjoy the time you've got left and if you really want that RTC to spend on something else, just message their support and you might get somewhere.
  8. At this point, it's becoming clear that when it comes to implementing new things into Eternal Crusade, it has nothing to do with "we can't", it's more like "we won't", for reasons I won't speculate on too much but if I had to hazard a guess it'd be that it's not worth the candle at this stage. I feel like everyone who got shot down for doom-saying pretty much deserves an apology at this point.

Let's be real here, they had nothing to show this week's livestream. The mock-up could have been done that day for all we know. I am not happy to be saying this, but I really do think we're weeks away from a "Thanks for playing EC" thread showing up and the plug being pulled.
  9. Dakiaris Dakiaris Curator

Very very late with this response I know but the support doesn't even respond to tickets about these items anymore. I've contacted them multiple times and even talked to nathan on discord nothing is going to be refunded or done about the items that were never added.

As you can tell from this late response I don't really come by very often anymore... I log onto the forums to check and see if things but honestly I don't hope for anything at this point.
    ProteusVM likes this.