Background Image

Why haven't space marines tried this with thier recruiting?

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Caentyr, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Dorfus Dorfus Steam Early Access

ok so I've not read this thread fully but aren't space marines unable to have children, through impregnation at least? mainly because they're castrated and all that? just heard it from some people but idk if it's actually true

and plus I still don't think a normal human female would be able to give birth to a space marine, or would just simply die in like 95% of the cases before even giving birth or during the process
  2. Caentyr Caentyr Subordinate

You didn't read it all.

sperm is harvested from the initiates BEFORE they undergo stelilization to become space marines.
    It's later kept if the initiate proves successful.

The geneseed technically hasn't been implanted yet.

That's the loophole, to harvest a space marine's sperm BEFORE they actually become space marines.

The female WOULDN'T be giving birth to a space marine, they would be giving birth to a space marine INITIATE.

SO THIS IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT PROCESS FROM THE DEAMONCUBA, PLEASE DO NOT ASSOCIATE THE TWO TOGETHER.
  3. Necromancer Rivindesh Subordinate

I wouldn't say its an entirely different process. Your still subjecting a mother to essentially becoming a space marine factory. Even if its an initiate, the end goal is still a space marine perhaps just not a grizzly as the daemonculaba. Still sounds like something a Haemonculi came up with though.
  4. Dorfus Dorfus Steam Early Access

yeah you're just talking about some kind of daemonculaba but more like the demo version of it considering you're trying to give birth to space marine initiates
  5. Caentyr Caentyr Subordinate

"Space marine+ Female + birth= deamonculaba"
    It's like your brain is a google search engine.

1. This process does NOT turn the women in question into abominations like the daemonculaba does as geneseed will not be given to them AT ALL. Neither would they have the taint of chaos (ideally, accidents DO happen.) When they are not "working" They can live out their lives rather normally as far as pregnant women go.

2. When I say "Space marine initiate" I mean a normal baby with the genes that would be ideal for a space marine rituals. Until we start putting geneseed into the baby when it comes of age, It's pretty damn natural. Unlike the Daemonculaba where a adolescent (5-9 Y.O.A.) is viciously put inside the womb to get geneseed exposure.

3. No surgery is required unless there are problems with getting the bugger out, with a daemonculaba you have to "reverse C-section" a subject inside.

4. The subject will NOT be born without skin.

5. It's essentially just saving the genes of space marine initiates that passed the space marine initiation and making it into the next generation. THAT'S IT. It's no more unnatural then your mother birthing you.
  6. Dorfus Dorfus Steam Early Access

1. calm the fuck down

2. calm the fuck down

3. calm the fuck down

4. calm the fuck down.

5. stop writing words in caps you're not making any difference whatsoever, other than looking as if this thread is worth your life to you for some reason. or do you get like that when someone criticizes you/disagrees with you?

also when did I say this was exactly like daemonculaba? can you not read? I said it's like a demo version of it, or like, something similar, not entirely the same thing
    Rivindesh likes this.
  7. Caentyr Caentyr Subordinate

I get like this when an idiot says one thing despite all the evidence and facts that say otherwise. Especially if I'm the one giving them.

It's called ignorance and there is no shame in getting angry over it.

I put things in caps WHEN I WANT THE READER TO PAY ATTENTION TO SOMETHING. I am not necessarily angry at them.

It's not even a "demo version" of Deamonculaba. The only thing it really has in common with the Deamonculaba is ......pregnant women?

Everything else is different In nearly every way and I have no clue how people keep getting to that conclusion.
  8. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

Everybody calm down please.

The question is simple: "Why has nobody thought about this?"

And the most obvious answer is as simple: "They just haven't."

The Imperium has millenia of tradition and religious superstition. Any independent thought and curiosity is literally beaten out of the imperial citizens either by the fire-and-brimstone oratory of the Ecclesiarchy, or, if that doesn't help, by the clubs, shot-guns and torture-dungeons of the Adeptus Arbites.

As an institution created by the Emperor, the Space Marines are off-limits to the other power-blocs of the Imperium. (Even if they know how Space Marines are created.)

And the Space Marines themselves are created by brainwashing and indoctrination. So they won't get such a radical new idea either.

Quick question:
    What did the medieval Church do to people who insisted that the Church should do things radically different?

Nobody expects the ...
    Brutuz likes this.
  9. A majority of the survival rate issues aren't related to the genetic alterations but the hellish training aspirants are put through.

You could fix the genetic acceptance, but they'd still die during extensive training.

Bare in mind, cloning also cuts down the lifespan of the cloned subject in question, and space marines cannot afford to have short lifespans.
  10. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

I think it's mainly because the G man Emps doesn't like fake humans.
    He's all about humans taking their rightful place in the galaxy ..not clones of humans taking their rightful place in the galaxy.
    Space Marines are in the emperor's own words just humans with artificially accelerated evolution they are what humans can one day become.
    Clones would just be genetically similar human copy's and not the real OG humans.
    Copy's with the same draw back humans have with their warp signatures.. which would just make his grand master plan harder to achieve.
    Put this next to humanity's past experiences with AI in the 40k universe and you've got a civilisation that doesn't clone warriors and uses certain humans such as convicts brains as computer intelligence.
    I think the Emps had plans to inevitably replace marines with regular humans once humanity actually reached the same level of evolutionary advancements the marines currently have.
    Would take a few years tho . but he had time .. at least he thought he had ^_-

The JIMQUISITION ?