Background Image

Why Eldar AV is OP

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Rheeva, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Nudu Nudu First Blood!

A lot might change if they would introduce a new game mode that isn't based on zerging points or more like a tug of war mode where points can be captured back but only a few points are available at time so doing these random zerg rushes to points that are undefended is impossible.

My point being that the fast eldar vehicles are perfect for doing that zerging and using those super fast fire dragons is a great way to counter zerging when you are very mobile.

But yes if the game mode changes, suddenly the more tougher vehicles might become more viable when hit and run attacks are not possible.
    GrazewoundZeroLow likes this.
  2. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

You could hardly be more wrong:

-Serpents are not faster than other transports. They are neither more nor less suited than any other faction.

-Fire Dragons are important to take pressure off a point but countering a good rush is exactly what they can not do.
    Hitting a point fast and in force, taking it before resistance appears is the best counter-strategy to strong AV.

Besides: Would you really prefer pure, brute force, back-and-forward gameplay with no tactical element whatsoever? Because Hold the Line and Fortresses do exactly that: Only one point available at a time.
    Now imagine that, but with unlimited spawn-tickets.
  3. Nudu Nudu First Blood!

Umh im not sure if rushing points is that tactical. Also i do agree that fortresses for example are huge meat grinders because of this but the original olipsis was totally not. (except for point A maybe) in a situation where the middle point is the one that is contested for you can as a defender either: coordinate an attack to recapture or defend the point, or as an attacker, you can defend the point that you captured (if needed), attack the current point, or even go to the second point ahead of time to start an early capture.

But it comes very much also to map design, currently many maps favor strategies where attackers just leave transports behind outside all dem capturepoint buildings to simply capture it so that they wont even need the transport anymore and destroying those left behind transports is really easy. And if you have that extra movement speed its a plus because you can get to those transports easier.

But then if you could for example have that transport right next to the point which would automatically mean that it is also well defended, that is where things might change for the favor of tougher vehicles instead of more mobile ones.

Then as an attacker it's also the best to choose those capture points that are left undefended and then you can just run in and this is where mobility counts both as attackers and defenders.

Also to really point out I also do really hate the hold the line maps and fortresses. There should be no defenders or attackers and the middle point should start neutral. I also hate the way asymmetrical balance is done in this game. If there are no limiters to deployment then all units should be equal.
  4. Stop complain aabout elder. They are nearly almost left the game. Still barking about little speed advantage with alongside HP disadvantage. If you cant aim its not our trouble.
    Even now dragons will be nerfed. What elso you will call OP now? I'm curious
    data_angel, XZASrus and Firskon like this.
  5. Nudu Nudu First Blood!

I think what OP meant was that all AV is "op and unbalanced" not necessarily only eldar.

I also think that the AV system as a whole and the map design heavily depending on stupid transport teleport stations is a problem but not much can be done about that until they can add more maps. Till then, you could just nerf AV across the board so that soloing tanks becomes impossible.

But even that might be bad because rest of the team might not even try and skilled players cannot carry if they are unable to solo tanks.
  6. Don't worry vehicles are getting a huge HP buff apparently, but please stop crying about Eldar it's been years, like just stop!
    Faeruin likes this.
  7. The problem with every faction but eldar is not being able to see how many players are running AV without communicating.
    Eldar can just hold tab and have an idea if they have to change class or not. It's just a wild guess for the others.
    This does give away how many of which types of units they have though.
  8. nikel nikel Arkhona Vanguard

There is no need to check players list, its just obvious for typical eldar player, that without capping DA, enchance warlock, AV dragon and harrassing Hawk - there's no victory, so eldar adapt, change role to most needed, instead, typical lsm player cant understand that bolterparty is not autowin, he cant adapt, so he lose & gonna whining.
  9. Nudu Nudu First Blood!

But thats the point, eldar can adapt because thy can check if there are no other AV players. Though i do personally always just run bolter tactical with a me(l)tabomb so no need to adapt when you have the best of both worlds :D

And about the "typical X player" thingy, when talking about balancing games, it shouldn't be taken to consideration.
  10. Durash Durash Arkhona Vanguard

Eldar are very hard to kill
    [​IMG]