Background Image

Why Eldar AV is OP

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Rheeva, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

At this point you have at least 3 players hunting you, no? Get three, similarly coordinated defenders. Bomb both Falcons and you trade 1 v 2 in vehicles.
  2. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Tried that.
    Turns out all players in the match only speak Russian.
    So I can't communicate with them to rally 3 coordinated defenders vs your guild stack.
    Durash likes this.
  3. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

So what you are saying is that the more-coordinated team is winning? And you would like to change that?

Srsly tho, Haywire really is a problem. It is much harder to counter than Grav-guns and makes a Dragons job a cakewalk. You don't even need to be coordinated, all you need is a Dragon and a Hawk who have a basic idea, what they are doing.
    I do that on Medusa, Blackbolt and Pegasus in particular: pick Hawk, spot Rhinos, immobilize them out of spawn and keep them there until my team shows up. It will normally devastate the first wave at zero effort.
    Thankfully (for you) it also sees very little use and if we run in a slightly bigger warparty, we don't really do it anymore because most matches are already too easy.
  4. @Rheeva
    Haywire is a problem? And muh Bolter not? Double standarts.
    data_angel, XZASrus and Sily like this.
  5. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

One wins fights, the other wins games.

But, since you want to go there: No, muh Bolter is not, directly, a problem. It is a basic combat rifle/assault rifle that defines the meta of this game, it performs excelllently in all situations and knows very little competition.

There are three problems with this weapon:
    a) The lack of a viable alternative. Which could be fixed either by nerfing the Boltgun or by buffing everything else
    b) The lack of recoil or spread, which is a problem shared by all tactical weapons throughout the game.
    c) The Drum-mag, which makes fighting multiple enemies at once or in rapid succession too easy.
    Sily likes this.
  6. nikel nikel Arkhona Vanguard

Learn russian, cos' eldar stack was russian too
    rbk2077 likes this.
  7. Nether Nether Master

How is that not appropriate? You should die then, as they have 2 vehicles, at least 2 infantry vs your one vehicle and unit. It's like saying you should be able to fight 5 enemies all at once and stand an equal chance at wining...
    data_angel, Lauriia and LucianNostra like this.
  8. Plazm Plazm Well-Known Member

Yea, it is op)). nerf warp-hunter))

9. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Eldar always have 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or what ever vehicles.
    And the other races always have 0 after 20 seconds of pulling 1.

Lass cannons are useless because falcons can just drive away .. much better than a rhino or a truck can
    do to being able to move like a hover

Melta bombs are useless because the falcon will just drive over you because it can sidestrafe so you can not approach it from a save angle like a truck or rhino can be approached.
    Melta gun is useless because the falcon will either drive away or drive over you.

rhino's themselves are useless even if it doesn't get destroyed because a falcon will just camp it and drive over anyone spawning from it .

If you still claim elders AV is not more powerful than other races in its application in the asymmetrical balance system than you're just a nerd that doesnt wanna get nerfed and have no sense of actual ballance what so ever.

In Fact your whole effing race stinks and needs to be redesigned from the ground up since your Av is the only thing that keeps you viable.
    And it devolves every game into a ring around the rhino rosie.
    which is boring game play.
  10. Velenor Subordinate

thats odd because I kill eldar vehicles with my multimelta all the time. Use the terrain to your advantage and engage at range.
    Also, falcons lose in a 1 vs 1 fight with a predator, and unlike the falcon the predator gets the option of a secondary gunner. Falcons are garbage anti-vehicle weapons. Its significantly better to use a falcon as a taxi for your fire dragons.
    a lascannon only needs 3-4 shorts on the front weakspot to kill it, if it ran off that means its no longer besieging your position which isnt bad. But I often find eldar vehicles only fly off when I didnt pounce at the right time. Get to a vantage point where you can it it even if it flees, if possible.

I agree fire dragons are the primary thing keeping us viable and I agree we need a lot of work. But to suggest marines cant kill eldar tanks or that the falcon is superior is silly.