Background Image

Why Eldar AV is OP

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Rheeva, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

At this point you have at least 3 players hunting you, no? Get three, similarly coordinated defenders. Bomb both Falcons and you trade 1 v 2 in vehicles.
  2. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Tried that.
    Turns out all players in the match only speak Russian.
    So I can't communicate with them to rally 3 coordinated defenders vs your guild stack.
  3. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

So what you are saying is that the more-coordinated team is winning? And you would like to change that?

Srsly tho, Haywire really is a problem. It is much harder to counter than Grav-guns and makes a Dragons job a cakewalk. You don't even need to be coordinated, all you need is a Dragon and a Hawk who have a basic idea, what they are doing.
    I do that on Medusa, Blackbolt and Pegasus in particular: pick Hawk, spot Rhinos, immobilize them out of spawn and keep them there until my team shows up. It will normally devastate the first wave at zero effort.
    Thankfully (for you) it also sees very little use and if we run in a slightly bigger warparty, we don't really do it anymore because most matches are already too easy.
  4. @Rheeva
    Haywire is a problem? And muh Bolter not? Double standarts.
    Sily likes this.
  5. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

One wins fights, the other wins games.

But, since you want to go there: No, muh Bolter is not, directly, a problem. It is a basic combat rifle/assault rifle that defines the meta of this game, it performs excelllently in all situations and knows very little competition.

There are three problems with this weapon:
    a) The lack of a viable alternative. Which could be fixed either by nerfing the Boltgun or by buffing everything else
    b) The lack of recoil or spread, which is a problem shared by all tactical weapons throughout the game.
    c) The Drum-mag, which makes fighting multiple enemies at once or in rapid succession too easy.
    Sily likes this.
  6. nikel nikel Arkhona Vanguard

Learn russian, cos' eldar stack was russian too
    rbk2077 likes this.