Background Image

Why does Painboy have 50 armor ?

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Eagle_11, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Guess everybody wants to be space marine
    And if space marines are full, you switch to space marines with horns
  2. Fiesty_Won Fiesty_Won First Blood!

It's because they aren't a strong faction in this current patch. Playable sure, which is certainly an improvement over "release day" but not strong. Everyone keeps pointing to their stats this and numbers that and their apparently tiny head with reduced damage (I have fewer issues hitting Orks heads then any other race btw)...but when you come down to it, there are stats everyone throws out.

-All the most competitive players don't main them
    -Orks lose in competitive matches (rehashed in 5v5 tournament)
    -There are slim to no Ork matches outside of OrkyFort Discord prime times
    -Orks have not received a major overhaul since 2017
    -Age old complaint, at least half their arsenal isn't used
    -Orks have the weakest melee for a CQC faction (mostly due to animations)

Cry all ya want about how "OP" they are, but if that were true then why aren't they stacked as much or more then chaos? The anti-Ork agenda is definitely working to maintain a practically non-existent population. Congratulations for killing off 25% of a game, you won the Troll Meta.
  3. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Sorry I missed the part where I was crying about orks being OP..
  4. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Thats a joke right ?
  5. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

Bugs many many bugs.Also ugly with goofy animations.

Here is where the devs got the Idea for Ork run animations.
    DrDooManiC and Deathwish like this.
  6. I'm personally of the mind that Orks are a very solid faction in terms of dominating in close/mid-range combat (ifyouknowwhatyou'redoing.avi), I guess the wonky animation here and there can throw you off if you're not super experienced but after sinking so much time into them it really doesn't phase me now. Only thing that's annoying still is how sometimes mounting positions are borked but I'm not sure this is a faction specific issue since 90% of the time I play Orks.

Only complaints I can think of instantly off the top of my head is useless meme items like the torpedo axe and the skip launcher, but aside from that I don't really see the orks as "broken" as I admittedly used to. I think they could use the odd tweak here and there but that's about it really. Newer guys *I guess* might think that our clunk makes us less smooth in Melee, but that's the only way I could possibly see animations inhibiting us that much, and even then I'd assume older guys would get used to it. I think its a *little* more smooth to maneuver my dude around visually as a space twinkelf or a swole marine but really I don't see that as being a "GG no RE we always lose now" thing in melee.

as for the actual topic of the thread, I think if you're a pain boy and find yourself underfire so much to where you lose all that health (even with your healing abilities) and die enough to piss you off, you might not be playing the class right... heal gits and protect the tuckus of lootas don't be going off getting nade bursted by the tunnel snakes.

This may be the case...

still numbers have been growing in the group and more lads starting pickup games is always good for the population, tbh I think stuffs improved as of late. (shameless self-shilling of my/our discord)
    DaHatebringa likes this.
  7. I haven't checked these forums in over a year but it's good to know that krayt still hangs out in the ork forums shouting down any implication that orks are anything less than overpowered. Maybe someday he'll get his wish and they'll just remove xenos from the game entirely.
  8. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Dont make asumptions thanks
  9. Quality post thanks
    Quality post thanks
  10. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Ur welcome fungus ;)