Background Image

Why does Chaos suck at Lairs?

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by TheWarpsmith, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Viktor Aramorae TheWarpsmith Well-Known Member

I've played way more PvE than most would ever want to especially considering how barebones it is right now. I've beaten the lair mode on normal and hard dozens of times as LSM and Orks. Orks take longer to get a match but they practically walk through it with no issue for whatever reason. However after more than 50 matches as Chaos I have yet to beat a lair (normal or hard). Every match (that takes FOREVER to queue for) goes the same. 1 player leaves early guaranteed and the others have no clue what they are doing and have no clue when to dash past Nidz and when to take it slow or where the exits are... I am being as literal as I can, EVERY match goes this way and we die swiftly at one of the objectives.

So my question for my Chaos brethren...why do you suck?
  2. Never really had trouble with it except when the warrior used to ignore 80% of the shots it took. Honestly, I would probably suck as I haven't touched it since Horde was added and I wept at the state of the PvE and ran.
  3. dhellfox dhellfox Steam Early Access

sorry a bit sleepy so sorry if i misinterpret the topic.

its just a player base problem most of the decent players in csm play pvp with newbies trying to learn the basics in lair. since release pve has always been play it LSM or nothing (thats why most of the hardcore pvers were found there) unless you organized a team in advance

long before f2p came out i was one of the hardcore pve players. we got through gamma hard with only 5 havoks (2 ac, 2 hb and a nerfed pc).
  4. Try Eldar, it's even worse. LSM does OK, Orks kick ass, but Eldar is just a disgrace, especially considering how easy it is for a fire dragon to kill the warrior.
  5. Viktor Aramorae TheWarpsmith Well-Known Member

how dare you imply that I should sully my hands by siding with the coward space elves! You sir shall rue the day you attempted to spew such blasphemy!
    TacoTuesdayOrBust22 likes this.
  6. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

because we don't have afk grenade
  7. We've got tzeentch heal, though, which functions similarly in this situation. Maybe it's because the sorc(s) to use swords?
  8. Aislinn Aislinn First Blood!

The afk grenade gives a bigger benefit, since the one throwing it usually has a bolter.

Closer to the topic, though, grab a meltabomb or a powerfist and voila- you can deal with the warrior. Grab a Heartpiercer and you might have a shot at passing Beta. Chaos can be that good.
  9. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

Eldar LOVE to leap in front of dark reapers too.
    XavierLight likes this.
  10. Viktor Aramorae TheWarpsmith Well-Known Member

The team has to not be brain-dead to even get to the warrior which we rarely do because somebody sticks a meltabomb to the team in the elevator or whatever...