Background Image

Why did you buy this game and how do you feel now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by acepost, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Shakalaka Recruit

Ehh... i bought the game back when sorcerer swords did less damage then a combat knife...back when stream of corruption had 20 second time to kill and a 400 meter range.....its been a hell of a ride and i dont regret the bit of spending i did for cosmetics and everything. i'm genuinely gonna miss this game when it finaly topples over dead . I got what what i invested in with hundreds of hours of fun so yeah good spend.
    Nasher likes this.
  2. Nasher Nasher Firebrand

I bought the game during the founder program. Even though I feel somehow betrayed, I can understand the realities behind the unfulfilled promises and I'm doing my best, along with fellow players, to hold the French speaking community together but also to recruit and train new players.

Recently the "get Space Marine for free" thingy has dealt a huge blow to EC's already bleak population but we have to stay strong as we, players, are the ones that can actually help the game.
    Data8671 likes this.
  3. Krayt Krayt Preacher

[​IMG]
    Atsidas likes this.
  4. Popoolo ruititadiogo Steam Early Access

I bought this game because it was a Warhammer 40000 game!
    I did enjoy.
    I bought DLC.
    I did enjoy.
    I found out many dudes were abusing. Salt
    I did not enjoy.
    Was really nice for some time, now I feel it needs some kind of purpose. Quest Line story, goal.
  5. Lucius Vinicius JojoKasei Arkhona Vanguard

Bought it during Founder program, in the hopes it would really become a Planetside-like game in 40k, because that would have been awesome.
    When reality settled in and it became obvious that this was not going to happen, still thought "maybe it's gonna be a good lobby shooter at least, given some time". But nope...
    Still playing, but for the people, not the game.
    And in the end, I spent some 200 quid on the game and have over three times the play hours, so I guess it matches out. Still sad because of the wasted potential. But I guess most parent companies don't deal in those these days.
  6. Velenor Subordinate

I got on a while before the launch, at the time I actually couldn't even run the game. Around the time of launch I upgraded my PC and I was able to run it, I got my money's worth out of it, definitely. I think the real reason why I'm disgruntled with the game now is because as I played the flaws and mechanical issues in the game became more and more apparent. For a while I had high hopes for future content, in particular Wraithguard. I've always loved wraith units and being able to not only play as Eldar in an action game but Wraithguard and termies was a big deal for me.
    Sadly, it became clear pretty soon after launch bE wasnt willing to invest further into the game and nothing much was going to change. I feel like the attempts to rebalance the game were all over the place and no clear, cohesive design plan was laid out. It soon felt like they were just desperately trying to check of markers on things the previous teams had promised without really considering how it would affect the gameplay.

Ultimately, I lost interest because I had seen everything I felt there was to see, my faction was losing members fast and although that's unfortunate, it was completely expected. Any hope for any real future content is pretty much gone and I don't think the game can ever recover at this point. It's a shame but I've made my peace
  7. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

I got into it because i like Fps games, and it was 40k. I heard about it from a friend and picked it up. At the time,..there was a ton of players,..there was twitch streams, seemed like this was gonna be the one. Played hardcore, got in with a guild. But i couldnt honestly suggest the game to anyone else. You had to "want" to play. But now, its the same...and I mean SAME bull every time. We say one thing, Devs do the opposite. We beg for a garrison update, they "upgrade" the arena,...that doesnt solve the problems that was there in the first place. We beg and beg for PVE update, they make a contest to laugh at us and dont give the clear winners their rewards, (Claimed they cheated when there wasnt any rules in the first place) We say make a trench combat map, they make a hill assault map.

And i wish i was trolling or whatever you want to call it, but its the truth. Then by the time someone listened to the community, way way to late.
    LOBOTRONUS, ByeBye and Data8671 like this.
  8. Lucius Vinicius JojoKasei Arkhona Vanguard

What are you referring to, that is news to me? Tell me more...:)
  9. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

10. Lucius Vinicius JojoKasei Arkhona Vanguard