Background Image

Why did you buy this game and how do you feel now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by acepost, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

Oh, this community had so much optimism and love for this game, you wouldn't believe it.

Problems appeared first in summer 2016. After Nathan had reassured us that the release would not be rushed, the release was suddenly rushed. We all knew that the game was only half-finished and we were all worried how a half-finished game was supposed to draw players and be successful in the long term.

Then came release. September 23rd 2016. The optimism came back for a few months, driven by new promises.

When that wave of optimism started to recede, F2W brought in new players and a fresh batch of optimism in March 2017.

However this wave was very short-lived. The community quickly got anxious again. In March 2017, Nathan promised us cut-up maps and "campaigns-within-campaigns-within-campaigns". (None of that has ever been delivered.)

Summer 2017, that's when (I guess) the last of the devs were pulled out by BE. The devs made their second-to-last Twitch. The freefall had begun.
    In September 2017, shortly before the 1st birthday, the devs made their last Twitch with a fresh batch of promises, while neither those from March 2017 nor those from pre-launch had been delivered.

And after that, that's when the real toxicity started.

Me personally, I turned toxic in December 2017, when Nathan graciously gave the community the "opportunity" to create the missing game-features for BE for free, while still insisting that the game is doing fine.

The future?

We have 1 or 2 or 3 devs, nobody knows.
    How many work-hours are actually being put in? Nobody knows.
    What are they working on? What are they not working on? Nobody knows.

Since the beginning of September 2018 the daily maximum of players being in game at the same time has permanently dropped below 200. And I cannot think of any game-feature or content that the devs could realistically make that would still make a difference at this point.

The reputation is ruined. Not even BE wants to talk about EC.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  2. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

i don't care if players use adad and rollex, as long as i can hit them like in real life (or other games)

if you roll and hit you with massive sword i can cut your leg or arm in real life

if i shoot you, your still be dead or wounded

so if your enemies have higher pings and you have lower ping your a god (so don't brag and insult people, morality is gone so many gays jesus)
  3. Krayt Krayt Preacher

[​IMG]
    Atsidas likes this.
  4. Details Details The Spriteful

bought because playable orks, really
    I'm not an impulsive buyer and only waited until I knew what I was getting into, had my fair share of fun, didn't really pay much, expected to be disappointed
    no ragrets

stopped playing two or three updates ago, can't really remember, I don't feel a reason to get back until the game has some kind of miraculous resurrection in terms of content, aka squig orkshop
  5. This game was 40k Space marine for me, but with the possibility to play orks and Eldar.
  6. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

I didnt even buy this game. There was some shitty contest on the forum which i dont remember quite what was about and then mighty Thrish gifted me an copy stating that i was one of the winners.
    I did not spend a dime on this game since, bought all of cosmetics via freebie campaign Rtc.
    So as for how i feel, ah the weather is so nice guess ill take a stroll instead sitting infront of EC. Its not like i actually have spent any money on this game to feel sorry about.
  7. Shakalaka Recruit

Ehh... i bought the game back when sorcerer swords did less damage then a combat knife...back when stream of corruption had 20 second time to kill and a 400 meter range.....its been a hell of a ride and i dont regret the bit of spending i did for cosmetics and everything. i'm genuinely gonna miss this game when it finaly topples over dead . I got what what i invested in with hundreds of hours of fun so yeah good spend.
    Nasher likes this.
  8. Nasher Nasher Firebrand

I bought the game during the founder program. Even though I feel somehow betrayed, I can understand the realities behind the unfulfilled promises and I'm doing my best, along with fellow players, to hold the French speaking community together but also to recruit and train new players.

Recently the "get Space Marine for free" thingy has dealt a huge blow to EC's already bleak population but we have to stay strong as we, players, are the ones that can actually help the game.
    Data8671 likes this.
  9. Krayt Krayt Preacher

[​IMG]
    Atsidas likes this.
  10. Popoolo ruititadiogo Steam Early Access

I bought this game because it was a Warhammer 40000 game!
    I did enjoy.
    I bought DLC.
    I did enjoy.
    I found out many dudes were abusing. Salt
    I did not enjoy.
    Was really nice for some time, now I feel it needs some kind of purpose. Quest Line story, goal.