Background Image

Why did the Servo Skull survive a grenade?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The_Dokta, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Pretty straightforward, I was playing Orks today and actually had 2 grenades so I decided to lighten the Servo Skull spam. Except it didn't die. Maybe it was a bug, but it sure seemed like I dropped the grenade in the right spot. Yet it seems to me that in addition to it's other advantages, frag grenades don't hurt it.

Say what you will about whether you think it's okay for a piece of warhear to have better TTK than support classes of other factions, that there's a strong argument that it's better than channeling and doesn't make you a sitting duck to use, but it definitely should not be grenade proof. That's ridiculous.
  2. It was most likely a bug, I've definitely destroyed them with grenades before, even took out a friendly one on accident today...
  3. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

Ork grenades appear to have become increasingly inconsistent. Just today on Zedek, I threw a stikkbomb (frag-equivalent) at a downed apothecary. It exploded point blank, directly in his face. He didn't suffer a single scratch, forcing me to finish him off manually with my shootah.

Another time I lividly remember throwing 2 stikkbombs directly underneath a Servo Skull. Both grenades exploded exactly beneath it, the skull clearly caught in the blast-graphic. Combined, the grenades should have easily dealt something over 700 damage. But the Servo Skull remained, without a scratch apparently as I had to invest half a magazine to finally kill it.

This is not happening always, but since the recent patch it feels like it has been happening a lot more.
  4. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Did you use one grenade or both? Skulls have 500hp, which should (and will) be dropped to be equal to the dok bombs. One grenade will, unfortunately, not be enough. If you used two, well, frags are bugged.
  5. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

I used both. It was my Assault Shootah loadout that I specifically use to storm rooms with, thus the grenade bundle.
  6. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

I know you used both, I was asking @The_Dokta
  7. Brosephelon Recruit

Why isn't every shot that hits a Servo Skull NOT considered a headshot? Checkmate Atheists!
    Cegorach, ChicagoTed and Gazrick like this.
  8. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

You most likely encoutered the currently existing ork fraggrenade bug. I had it happen to me aswell, where the grenade goes off with a visual explosion not hitting anything or damaging anything. This does not happen with stickygrenades as far as i am aware.

The second possible explination would be the high HP of the servoskull. I have seen nurgle marines or orks survive a frag. This might be down to their damage tally sitting somewhere around 360, which is enough to kill most guys and all other 300 HP deployables in one go while the toughest chars in the current meta and the servoskull with nearly 500 hp will just shake it off. Especially if you didnt drop both directly on the target, their aoe falloff seems pretty significant.
  9. This is a ridiculous question because it doesn't take 2 grenades to down a player and therefore this is a problem.
    Sumshine likes this.
  10. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Servo Skulls are going to have their HP dropped to match other deployables, such as the dok bomb. Devs confirmed this last livestream. 500HP is too much, so it's being nerfed.