Background Image

Who Is The Best Primarch?

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Grigdusher, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Angron Angron Member

I Agree. :mad:
  2. Uncle Tjek Tjeknalis Subordinate

3. A dead one, ripe for consumption
  4. LarkinDK LarkinDK Arkhona Vanguard

Rogal Dorn is to me the ideal of what a spacemarine should be.
    Many of the more famous ones somehow mutates the ideal and several are leaning very close to heresy.
  5. the lord watchman lord-watchman Well-Known Member

just t point out the arguments about lion and russ dont work as kruze took on both the lion and guiliman together and won
    Hive Tyrant likes this.
  6. DeFoamBag Active Member

I really just feel sorry for all the traitor primarchs.
  7. Russus Russus Subordinate

An 'ideal of what a space marine should be' is Guilliman.

I'm not trying to discredit Rogal Dorn in any way, and I admit I'm a fan of Sanguinius and Dorn, but Guilliman even through his position of the primarch of the most powerful legion (in the Horus Heresy aftermath, too) realized the legion system had to be reorganized (meaning his legion would lose the most), and made many achievements (writing Codex Astartes, removing Space Marines from the high council of Terra as it would always pose a big risk) which helped to stabilize the Imperium and set it on its path to survive for another ten thousand years. He also used his rank to significantly improve the planet's efficiency and population's quality of lives after bringing them under Imperial authority.

Other than him Dorn, Sanguinius, and Horus come to mind. Horus especially, and I believe, if he wasn't struck down by the chaos tainted weapon and then manipulated deep in his mind by Erebus he'd have stayed loyal. I imagine in the aftermath of the Horus Heresy that he wouldn't split the legions, though. He always liked power, and recognition, and wanted to "reach the stars" along with the Emperor, and didn't want to be left behind. Basically Emperor had to illuminate Horus on the project on Terra, and keep him close as his second in command, as he did with Malcador.
    Larkin and WanderingJester like this.
  8. Ferrus Manus (yes I know he is dead) but it took a Greater Daemon/Primarch to do it. Plus he killed a Greater wyrm while holding it under lava with his bare hands. Flesh is Weak!!!!
  9. kernowstig Member

He was also far smarter than he's generally given credit for. Many of his strategies and tactics were adopted by other legions and included in the Codex Astartes. Guilliman himself stated that the combined might of the Ultramarines and Iron Hands would create the most formidable and unstoppable force in the galaxy.

Also, of all the primarchs, he probably had the best understanding of his role/ position and that all the primarchs were created with different qualities to fulfill different roles. He understood that he wasn't suited to being a diplomat or politician, he was a weapon, the iron hand of the Emperor's will. He never doubted himself, a quality which many incorrectly perceived as him, and the Iron X, as being a little too cold, ruthless and uncaring but in reality meant that he truly understood the meaning and necessity of sacrifice. He was one of the most loyal and the least corruptable of all the primarchs.
  10. Russus Russus Subordinate

Ferrus Manus is quite overlooked in the whole context of HH, but I agree he had a pretty legit thing going on, and wasn't as ignorant as some would think. What really made me like him is that he wanted to free himself of his iron hands, and although it'd mean he'd be weakened and lose his specialty he was willing to undergo that path, and perfect himself without robotic enhancements. Also an unlucky chap for being a big BRO with a future traitor.
    kernowstig likes this.