Background Image

Who Is The Best Primarch?

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Grigdusher, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Stmichael StMichael Subordinate

Rogal Dorn. If the Emperor were King Arthur, Horus would be Mordred, Sanguinius would be Lancelot, and Dorn would be Percival. Humble, loyal, and honest to his dying breath, he was the knight worthy of the Grail.
    RenatuS and Partisan like this.
  2. Fulgrim because he trolled everyone

Sanguinus because he is the definition of a greek hero.
    UnEpicFail likes this.
  3. ME_2K11 New Member

Ferrus Manus primarch of the Iron Hands is the best primarch Hands down ......... Deal with it. who say fulgrim because he beheaded Manus I say "Tis But A Scratch!"
  4. the lord watchman lord-watchman Well-Known Member

Its all a ploy to lead tge legiins of chaos In to a false sense of security and when his throne fails and he leads tge imperium to war
  5. ME_2K11 New Member

"Rest? We were not made to rest; we go on, unflinching, unstoppable, unending in our strength. The Emperor did not make us for such mortal concerns as hearth and home, vanity or contemplation; we are his engines of war, his hammers, beating out the fabric of existence into a vessel fit for Mankind to inhabit."
    — Ferrus Manus, as quoted in Shadow of the Gorgon by the Remembrancer Czel Atternus
    kernowstig likes this.
  6. Vox de Vacuo Vox-de-Vacuo Active Member

The canon for a Hero is very similar in almost every patriarchal culture (e.g. kill all the biggest and meanest, kill as much as you can and even more, be the best and die young from treason or injustice), thus Sanguinius could be recognized as hero all over the Terra in pre-emperial times by most part of human civilizations, from Ireland to Japan and by most tribes of both Americas, unfortunately I'm not very common with culture of tribes of Oceania and South-East Asia including Australia, but I believe that Sanguinius would kill every one of them rejected to hail him as a hero, that Imperial Truth you know, don't mess with its wingy messenger :mad: So it goes.
  7. Wolf Lord Brian New Member

8. stephen newell New Member

The Emperor was the best Primarch.
  9. stephen newell New Member

Shut up, heretic.
  10. Well, on that basis surely Horus has a better claim.

The Emperor walked away from his duels with Russ. After his fight with Horus, he lost an arm, had his internal organs pulped and only just about stayed alive long enough to be locked in a golden coffin to slowly rot for the next ten thousand years. ;)

"Best" is a bit subjective. In terms of story and personalities, I'd personally say that the most interesting Primarchs (when also combined with the relationship with their legions) is a tough call between Curze and Sanguinius, with Magnus not too far behind.