Background Image

Who Is The Best Primarch?

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Grigdusher, Oct 19, 2013.

1. XRuinX XRuinX Preacher

Theyre all clones! Well, at least theyre created in vats with modified genes from the Emperor. Thats pretty much what Dark Samus is to Samus except its all Phazon crap, Metroid goo and Samus's DNA

Anyways Chuck Norris cant be below the Emperor. (kidding, actually im tired of Norris jokes. just had to say this one)
  2. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

Plot Twist: Chuck Norris IS the God-Emperor
  3. Dark Knight Dark-Knight Nickname Change

Kind of going off-topic guys.

Although Leman Russ is my favourite Primarch I actually do hold a high regard for Rogal Dorn.
  4. Rogal Dorn He is the founder of the defenders of Terra The Imperial Fists.
  5. XRuinX XRuinX Preacher

okay okay. Picking a favorite primarch is hard. I like both Magnus and Lorgar. I guess ill pick Lorgar considering Magnus kind of just got all crazy after the attack on Prospero. I wish theyd ellaborate as to how he changed after the event but currently it just seems like he decided nothing else matters to him and stayed on his new planet until currently.

I really would like to hear more about Corvus Corax though. I read Deliverance Lost and really liked him and how level headed he is. All the others seem to have major daddy issues that hinder them from thinking straight. Same with Alpharius, I'd like to hear more about him and how his mind works. Learn their personalities and feel for them as characters.
  6. Dioxin Voicesinmyhead Subordinate

For traitor primarchs Lorgar and Magnus. Loyalists it's between Leman Russ, Rogal Dorn, and Vulkan.
  7. Lovely Alucard Alu_Mordicus Forum Beta Tester

Fulgrim.

*drops mic*
    kyokitsune and XRuinX like this.
  8. The Great Wolf The_Great_Wolf Well-Known Member

might want to check the history first....

"Russ found the Lion with the dead leader at his feet and immediately attacked his brother Primarch. They fought for a full day and a night, the combat ending only when the Lion threw Russ through a table. When Russ got up he started laughing at the foolishness of their quarrel. The Lion, incensed that his brother appeared to be mocking him, hit him square in the jaw, knocking Russ out cold"

Not quite the single blow as it was described in the first post, more a cheap shot actually but there you go ;)
    Steelhide likes this.
  9. The Great Wolf The_Great_Wolf Well-Known Member

Agree with Vulkan but would say guilliman also had a great deal outside battle, in the form of diplomacy and managing the systems under the ultramarines control, then there is Russ in the fine art of feasting and drinking mjød, not quite the in depth focus of the other two but a hobbys' a hobby ;)
  10. The Great Wolf The_Great_Wolf Well-Known Member

Leman Russ for the reasons below, there is so much more to be said but here's some of the main points.....

It is a close thing between him and Dorn for loyalty to their father, but where dorn was the shield, Russ was the blade.

He was one of, if not the, best tactitians of them all though he decided to play the barbarian to gloss over and hide it.

He was the only one of the primarchs who truly tried to save his brother Angron having no other motives than it was right to do so.

Rather than blindly bowing the knee to the Emperor upon their first meeting he challenged him to three duels to make sure he was worthy of it, perhaps this is what made Russ so loyal.

Upon being reunited with his father and taking command of the Space Wolves legion Russ was offered the chance to terraform Fenris to allow his people to prosper, this he refused, preferring to have the future generations of wolves to come from those who had fought to live and survive, though some outside the wolves saw this as cruel and unkind, it was in fact based from a fierce pride in the strength of the tribes of Fenris.

During the duel with the Lion, which only came about but the lion's arrogance at having to prove himself, it was Russ who finaly saw, after a prolonged fight, the stupidity of the situation and stopped the fight and only being felled by a blow dealt underhandedly.

When invading Prospero, on the command of the Emperor, Russ pleaded with Magnus to not force his hand into open conflict.

On the anniversary of the defeat of Horus, Russ went into a trance and then summoned his Wolf Guard and disapeared into the eye of terror, some believe it was a vision sent by the emperor to find a fabled tree of life that may heal the Emperor.

He is known as the Primarch Killer, the Wolf King and the Executioner of the Emperor, he is one of the most popular primarchs, as are his sons, perhaps due to his close connection to humanity by still being able to enjoy the pleasures of feasting and mead, the bonds he developed with his chapter that was returned with undying loyalty appeal to many in real life as well as the fantastic imagery that comes from the Wolves. Russ was fond of portraying the savage, ignorant barbarian, caring nothing for peoples greater views of him and choosing warily when and who would be shown his true capabilities
    Voltar and Rex like this.