The problem is the Plasmagun overheats entirely too damned fast to be effective and it costs more than a bolter. It's an inferior weapon vs the Bolter in a vast majority of situations and costs MORE?!? That's not right. If we could fire about 10 to 12 more shots(semi auto only) with the plasmagun prior to overheating the weapon would be great. The slower speed of plasma rounds vs rolling and vs ADAD strafing the Bolter that has the larger mag will outlast you ever time in a head to head encounter. What would really be proper for the Plasmagun and Pistol is if they added a burning effect after each hit(semi auto only with the rifle). We are, according to all descriptions, firing off miniature super novas with each trigger pull on a plasmagun. A burning DOT is totally appropriate for the Plasmagun when being fired in semi automatic mode. The problem is that will be OP as hell in full auto mode. Perhaps we could see a mod that causes the rounds to burn but adding the mod only allows semi automatic firing mode. I really want to see the Plasmagun and Storm Bolter be viable options and I really hate being forced into FOTM or cookie cutter builds. Unfortunately if you want to compete the Plasmagun is out of the question. In fact today I've removed all PG loadouts, they're a waste of time and I'm purposely gimping myself by using these weapons. I still have a single storm Bolter build but I rock Bolter/CQC/Box or drum mag 99% of the time I'm not hunting enemy vehicles with a meltagun and meltabomb. The other 1% of the time I rock a Bolter/Box mag with Meltabomb if our opponents are guarding their vehicles hardcore. It's really a shame the Plasmagun has been neglected since the game went live. We're talking 9 months of total obscurity for an 4oK icon. Simply increasing damage wont do the trick. We tried that in Alpha and it was just better in every way to the Bolter. Part of the problem is full auto mode for the buffed damage plasmagun beats Bolter every time. This is why I'm suggesting rapid fire semi auto mode(unlike that garbage firing mode with the Stalker) with a burning ailment for all Plasma shots. This mechanic would once and for all set the Plasmagun apart from the Bolter and would make this weapon viable vs even vehicles, Terminators, or monstrous creatures because we could build up the burning ailment and keep large, slow moving object burning via a constant and steady stream of controlled follow up shots every few seconds.